Thread: online campaign

Default online campaign

Greetings, ok so online rome total war is just online battles, interesting in and of itself but has anyone ever tried to do soem kind of an online campaign?is it technically possible even, it soudns like an awesome idea, as it would be a hell of a lot better than competing with AI, and more akin to board games such as diplomacy and shogun (if any of you know that one), ive never read anything about it, i guess one problem is that no one could leave the game, maybe u could have some kind of a switch to AI when people exit i dunno, any thoughts geniouses (genii? whatever it is)

Lyndek

Default Re: online campaign

It would be awesome, but I don't think it has been done, or can be done.
    Muahah, you just wasted 3 seconds of your life!

Default Re: online campaign

Well you can play multi-player if you commit to either be allies (boring) or auto resolve battles between you. I read how to do it here somewhere, but as the game is turn based it involves mailing game files back and forth so it can be slow. Fortunately I'm old enough to have played bulletin board games where you had to wait until the other guy logged back in 3 days later to get to go again. I'm currently trying to convince and old friend of mine that this would be fun...he's not as hot on the idea as I am, but that's just cause I used to stomp him on bulletin boards playing Risk.