Thread: Battle CTDs and missing unit cards

Default Battle CTDs and missing unit cards

Returning to this great old mod after a few years (it worked fine back then).

First campaign as Rome (of course) and a bunch of units are missing cards (incl all Camillan Roman infantry. It's just that placeholder gray peasant.

Tried custom battles. More unit cards missing from other factions. Instant CTD when launching.

I feel certain I followed installation instructions correctly. Any idea what could be going on?

Default Re: Battle CTDs and missing unit cards

Which version does it say on the bottom left corner of the main menu? It should say 2.35a R4, as that's the latest version. If you accidentally skipped a step, then that would result in unit cards not being mapped correctly, and CTDs as well

2.35a R3.5....guess I missed a step!

I installed: main file, 2.35A patch FINAL R1, and last, v2.35A R3.5. Is there an R4 patch that I missed?

From the installation guide: "1a) Download this post-release fix. Check it says "v2.35A R3.5" on your main menu to confirm successful patching."
    Is this not the final step?

Thanks for your help!

Are you sure about this R4 version? I can't find anything about it.

Sorry about the R4 mistake, you're steps were correct. Did you install this on a Mac BTW? Only Windows correctly merges folders, Mac would completely replace folders and cause files to be missing.

Actually, please see these instructions especially, they seem to explain why some of your installer files weren't applied:

. As always, make sure your M2TW installation is outside of Program Files/Program Files x86. If your game is installed there, the patch will not work.

Let me repeat that, if your game is installed in Program Files or Program Files x86, the patch will not work. The files will be selectively applied, if at all, and the patch won't run.

I installed outside of program files. I have windows. I installed everything per instructions.

Unfortunately at this point, your best bet is to reinstall the mod from scratch. A few other users have also reported missing unit cards and CTDs from mismapped textures caused by files not copying over properly.