Thread: Zheng Jiang & Lü Bu

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Zheng Jiang & Lü Bu

I was having my second campaign, as Zheng Jiang. Totally different gameplay as bandits BTW, practically a different game. Even the way research is done is different.
    Anyway. As Zheng Jiang I was at war with Dong Zhuo from the start. I have secured one nice commandery up North, Shuofang, raiding for loot as needed and becoming a nuissance for Dong Zhuo and then, after he was killed by Lü Bu, for his brother Dong Min.
    I found a dissatisfied general in Dong Min's faction, turned him to my service as a spy. Spent some time and money to slowly turn Lü Bu angry with Dong Min and eventually, finally, I got Lü Bu in my faction (after sacrificing my other poor spy). All was good BUT...
    To turn Lü Bu, I was having my spy spread nasty rumors about him. That penalty to satisfaction carried over. What did not carry over with him was... Diaochan which remained with Dong Min making Lü Bu unhappy (a huge -40 penalty). So, short story short: Lü Bü defected soon after!

The longer version could be summed up as: Lü Bu was dissatisfied to stay away from Diaochan, in the court of the guys that slandered him while the rumors and reputation were still hovering over him. So, he did the Lü Bu thing and betrayed his master for Diaochan and ego.
    I love this game...

Just so you know, I plan to load and all, try a different approach. My plan is to have both ZJiang AND Lü Bü in the same faction, in the same army. Both of them are beasts in battle, easily worth 3 units each.
    Last edited by alhoon; July 19, 2023 at 01:35 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.