Thread: Changing the month of campaign start date

Icon5 Changing the month of campaign start date

A quick question for you guys. I want to change the main campaign start date to Early December 1804. So I went to startpos.esf and modified (using EditSF 1.2.7) CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/DATE as well as CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/ CAMPAIGN_CALENDAR/DATE. Changing the year was simple just 1805=>1804. But I couldn't figure out what the other lines do. In an unmodded file they are 1805,1,0,0 (from top to bottom). So I looked at the victory conditions, the date format is the same and reads 1812,1,11,2 which translates in game to Late December 1812. Happy as I was I realised that 11 stands for December (if 0 is for January). Then after the year there is a 1, which I don't know what it is for. Lastly after the month there is a 2. I presume this has to do with the Early or Late in the month? After playing around with the victory conditions I was correct about the 3rd and 4th numbers (month and Early or Late), however editing the start date to 1804,1,11,1 which should translate in game to Early December 1804, just gives me Early January 1804. Basically whatever number should I use for the last three lines (1,0,0), they always translate to Early January 1804 (when I start the campaign at the bottom right corner of the GUI). What I am missing? I mean victory condition dates change just fine, why starting dates resist?
    " Άρχεσθαι μαθών άρχειν επιστήσει "
    " When you learn to be commanded, you will learn to command "

Σόλων 630-560 π.Χ.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Default Re: Changing the month of campaign start date

Its that long since I played the game sir so I'm afraid I cant help you but I will see if I can find someone who can.

Quote Originally Posted by general molotof View Post
    A quick question for you guys. I want to change the main campaign start date to Early December 1804. So I went to startpos.esf and modified (using EditSF 1.2.7) CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/DATE as well as CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/ CAMPAIGN_CALENDAR/DATE. Changing the year was simple just 1805=>1804. But I couldn't figure out what the other lines do. In an unmodded file they are 1805,1,0,0 (from top to bottom). So I looked at the victory conditions, the date format is the same and reads 1812,1,11,2 which translates in game to Late December 1812. Happy as I was I realised that 11 stands for December (if 0 is for January). Then after the year there is a 1, which I don't know what it is for. Lastly after the month there is a 2. I presume this has to do with the Early or Late in the month? After playing around with the victory conditions I was correct about the 3rd and 4th numbers (month and Early or Late), however editing the start date to 1804,1,11,1 which should translate in game to Early December 1804, just gives me Early January 1804. Basically whatever number should I use for the last three lines (1,0,0), they always translate to Early January 1804 (when I start the campaign at the bottom right corner of the GUI). What I am missing? I mean victory condition dates change just fine, why starting dates resist?
    Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; July 07, 2023 at 11:46 AM. Reason: typo

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"