Thread: one mod at a time?

Default one mod at a time?

Is it true you can only have one mod at a time installed? Would dragging a mod to my desktop and installing another mod work? Imperial Splendor was pretty easy to install, what about the other mods?
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: one mod at a time?

It depends on the mod. The game can only use one startpos.esf for a campaign (the startpos is the file that the game uses to create the world at the start), and major mods including Imperial Splendour use a modified startpos. This means that it would probably not work to use more than one major mod at a time (unless you have a way to deactivate all except one of the major mods - so that you'd only be playing one at a time).

Also, if I remember correctly the game can only use one localisation file which defines the names of units - so if you have more than one mod which adds new units, this could lead to problems because each mod will have a different version of this file (I believe that's one reason why the Additional Units Mod was created).

Smaller mods can be used together - for example if you want to use Shokh Hates Sieges together with the Additional Units Mod, there would be no problem with using both at the same time.
    Last edited by Alwyn; June 30, 2023 at 12:31 AM.

Thank you. So after i play some imperial splendour il'l try another mod, probably the TAR mod

One more question. Would i be able to copy and paste a mod to my desktop and keep it for later after trying another mod? Or do i need to traditionally uninstall it and then install a new mod? Are all mods deleted by deleting the main folder? than that would be ok just to copy and paste a played mod to my desktop

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

The best way to uninstall a mod depends on the mod. For a small mod (such as Shokh Hates Sieges) you can simply cut and paste the mod file somewhere else, if you don't want to carry on using it. For a major mod such as Imperial Splendour, Darthmod or Imperial Destroyer, I would recommend following the instructions from the people who made the mod.

Thank you, my thoughts exactly