Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unique / Custom Settlements for Strat Map

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Unique / Custom Settlements for Strat Map

Quote Originally Posted by Sin_ View Post
    I can set it to do that, but you run into the problem of when you upgrade other settlements, it will switch to the unique model i.e. Jerusalem has the unique model for a city, large city and huge city, but when you upgrade a large town to a city as the Kingdom of Jerusalem, it will turn that town now turned city into another Jerusalem - it's why you'd have to reserve huge cities for the unique city models.
    So it means that each of the unique settlements would need to be huge city from the very beginning? Well, this is a problem for most, but Constantinople, Baghdad, Cairo, Cordoba, maybe Fes, maybe Palermo (but not really, iirc I've included a link to an article discussion this issue in the Sicily historical thread). The great cities of Jerusalem, Venice, Florence, Paris, London, Kiev and other - these were not huge cities on 12th century. What's more, building them up and then upgrading is part of the gameplay.

Originally it would have been, as it is just graphical, but because we'd need to set the huge cities at the outset and nothing further, it wouldn't be. In theory you could have it save game compatible, you just would need to consciously not upgrade your cities to huge. Not sure how competent the AI is in upgrading it's cities tbh, never paid much attention to what they are doing in them
    On the other hand, this would not be a problem in the SSHIP - we would simply disable upgrading all the cities to the level above 4 (ie large city becoming huge city).

How out of date are the 0.98 version of these files compared to what is currently being developed?
    Not much, they are mostly the same.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 15, 2023 at 03:08 PM.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

These models are absolutely gorgeous. Hopefully they make it into the game somehow!
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Next one I'll look to make is either Rome or Jerusalem.
    Hi @Sin_, just to tell you: we're looking forward for your mini-mod!
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Laetus

Are these city models make it to the game via mod?? Or maybe on future plans.

Unfortunatelly, Sin_ has disappeared withouth publishing his minimod...

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Unfortunatelly, Sin_ has disappeared withouth publishing his minimod...
    it's bad

When you like something, you can and you tell everyone you will do it. Then you have to finish the job. This is how I think and this is how I act
    Georgian Medieval Shields By Khevsur

https://www.mediafire.com/file/017uq....2023.rar/file

wonderful , please could you make them available for download

A shame this hasn't got through till the end. It's difficult to do custom settlements, not only because of the graphical part, but also because of the scripts (editing the files in order to make them appear all the time and not be replaced when the cities/castles are upgraded). Nonetheless, I think that if the OP would have contacted the Tsardoms team, they would have been capable of giving him a hint or two. But above all, I hope that Sin_ is well, his/her last activity in the forum was already in september.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123