Thread: simply editing startpos for Sassanids as a mod

Default simply editing startpos for Sassanids as a mod

Hi, I have tried (and failed) to understand how to just make a replacing mod for the startpos file of Sassanids.
    All I want to do is to get rid of the pesky "X subjugated factions" for the victory conditions. and all I have found are either these massive 60 minute videos, or videos where people keep saying "this is the same as total war rome 2, just watch my video/read my guide on it". I don't want to create an entire faction. I just want to replace the victory conditions. Is it really this complicated? Or am I missing something?

side note: it really sucks that modding such a simple thing for a beginner is so godawful, it feels like it should be easier. I know where the text file is, I have no problem with coding, I just have no clue how to "build" this thing. Can't CA try to make modding files easier, christ.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: simply editing startpos for Sassanids as a mod

Welcome to TWC, fuzzyion. This sounds very frustrating.

While I haven't modded the startpos for Attila, when I did a bit of startpos editing for Empire Total War, I found husserlTW's guide helpful. Even if some details are different for Attila, this might help you to make sense of how startpos editing works.

This guide to adding victory conditions might help, even though you're simply trying to edit them, rather than add victory conditions for a new faction.

Good luck!

Default Re: simply editing startpos for Sassanids as a mod

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Welcome to TWC, fuzzyion. This sounds very frustrating.

While I haven't modded the startpos for Attila, when I did a bit of startpos editing for Empire Total War, I found husserlTW's guide helpful. Even if some details are different for Attila, this might help you to make sense of how startpos editing works.

This guide to adding victory conditions might help, even though you're simply trying to edit them, rather than add victory conditions for a new faction.

Good luck!
    I literally have that guide open too. but it requires another mod pack, as well as another guide that this builds on. its just ridiculous. None of the guys that have done this (for major mods for example) I know of, or can contact to just simply point me in the right direction.

God why does CA suck so much. ANY other game from ANY other company has infinitely faster and easier modding. How people still mod for this company is beyond me. (fyi most other games this would be as simple as editing and saving the text file)