Thread: High frequency CTDs before/after battles and during end turns or in the middle of turns

Default High frequency CTDs before/after battles and during end turns or in the middle of turns

Hey I just started playing Stainless steel again and something seems very off. I cant play the game for more than 10-15 minutes without getting a CTD and after trying to fix it myself I dont know what else to do but hope someone here has an idea that I havent tried yet (its a steam installation and on windows 11 unfortunately). Heres the things I tried so far. After restarting my computer the game is "fixed" again as in I can play for 2-3 turns again before the next crash happens (another weird thing that happened today after restarting is that it changes the save file to some degree as in cities are all of a sudden on auto manage, also after every restart my video settings - resolution, graphics changes - are changed). All of that leads me to believe that something is wrong with the installation but I cant figure out what it is.

1. I completely reinstalled both Medieval 2 definitive edition and stainless steel 6.4 (bugfix compilation v1.27 with the hotfix 5).
    2. I ran Stainless steel on compability mode with Xp service pack 3 and also tried windows 7
    3. I delted map.rwm
    4. I put UAC as far down as possible
    5. I tried using the campaign option where it says if nothing else works tick this (the textfile fix that sometimes crashes the game)
    6. After the installation the thing that looks through the files says everything is ok
    7. Restarting my computer (this fixes the problem sometimes but Ill have a crash again 2-3 turns later)
    8. Changing the resolution and graphics (this fixes the problem aswell sometimes but alas it crashes again 2-3 turns later tops)

My log has a lot of entries about "missing mods" before the crash happens so while Im not at all familiar with coding this seems to have something to do with it I could be wrong though. Heres the entry of the log, if anyone has any suggestions Id really appreciate any help that comes my way because I love this mod and Id hate to not be able to play it anymore.

I hope someone has any tips for me here, thank you for anything you can provide even if you just took some time to read through this.

Greetings
    Samael
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Samael.; April 22, 2023 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Read the sticky about "Before posting " too late, I delted the log lines and added the file now hope that helps, sorry!

Default Re: High frequency CTDs before/after battles and during end turns or in the middle of turns (Fixed)

Quote Originally Posted by Samael. View Post
    Hey I just started playing Stainless steel again and something seems very off. I cant play the game for more than 10-15 minutes without getting a CTD and after trying to fix it myself I dont know what else to do but hope someone here has an idea that I havent tried yet (its a steam installation and on windows 11 unfortunately). Heres the things I tried so far. After restarting my computer the game is "fixed" again as in I can play for 2-3 turns again before the next crash happens (another weird thing that happened today after restarting is that it changes the save file to some degree as in cities are all of a sudden on auto manage, also after every restart my video settings - resolution, graphics changes - are changed). All of that leads me to believe that something is wrong with the installation but I cant figure out what it is.

1. I completely reinstalled both Medieval 2 definitive edition and stainless steel 6.4 (bugfix compilation v1.27 with the hotfix 5).
    2. I ran Stainless steel on compability mode with Xp service pack 3 and also tried windows 7
    3. I delted map.rwm
    4. I put UAC as far down as possible
    5. I tried using the campaign option where it says if nothing else works tick this (the textfile fix that sometimes crashes the game)
    6. After the installation the thing that looks through the files says everything is ok
    7. Restarting my computer (this fixes the problem sometimes but Ill have a crash again 2-3 turns later)
    8. Changing the resolution and graphics (this fixes the problem aswell sometimes but alas it crashes again 2-3 turns later tops)

My log has a lot of entries about "missing mods" before the crash happens so while Im not at all familiar with coding this seems to have something to do with it I could be wrong though. Heres the entry of the log, if anyone has any suggestions Id really appreciate any help that comes my way because I love this mod and Id hate to not be able to play it anymore.

I hope someone has any tips for me here, thank you for anything you can provide even if you just took some time to read through this.

I downloaded Large Adress Aware and it works now. Thought this was already included but apparently wasnt. Not a single crash so far since that. Thx to anyone again for taking your time to read my post, cheers!

Greetings
    Samael

Default Re: High frequency CTDs before/after battles and during end turns or in the middle of turns (Fixed)

Check out the first post in this thread: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Technical-Help
    it might help