Thread: Broken crescent is a dead mod?

Triomphe's Avatar Laetus

Icon5 Broken crescent is a dead mod?

Hello,

It seems that this mod hasn't been updated in ages. There's probably no active community right now. It's too bad, because BC is a real gem, and there are still a lot of things to improve in this game.

Many spelling mistakes.
    Many inaccurate people names, cities names in the game.
    Many weird situations leading to CTDs.
    AI controlled factions spamming the map with tons of troops should be counterbalanced with a chance for army stacks to rebel. Seeing the Mongols wipe everything on the map is annoying, it may appear historically accurate at first, but it's not. After their conquests, the Mongols soon crumbled into dissension, troop erosion, territories divided with an heritage, etc. Submitted vassals also never ceased to exist (look at the Russians). So something needs to be done to compensate this. Mongols are overpowered as they are now.

BC seems to be an unknown mod wherever I go, though it is one of the best for me. The music, details and overall work put into it is incredible!

I can help with some of those problems: I have modified some files for myself, playing as Jerusalem.

If someone responds positively to this, I can directly provide some modified txt files (descr_names.txt, descr_strat.txt, names.txt) and suggestions.

Not expecting much here unfortunately, but I'm trying my luck. Thanks for reading.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Broken crescent is a dead mod?

BC is a COMPLETED MOD (with a few bugs). Not a dead mod.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Triomphe's Avatar Laetus

Yet it is far from complete, see my post above. Ok too bad, moving on something else.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

It's out of development, but this thread compiles related work since then pretty thoroughly.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Triomphe's Avatar Laetus

Thank you for your answer Knight. I see that someone is still trying to develop it, after all.