Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.1 Preview

Default 4.1 Preview

This is the first patch for build 4.0 Just drop it in the data folder.

-Changed CAI, Thanks to Bitterhowl. His CAI will be much more active and really likes to get things going. After 3 small playthroughs, I highly recommend changing to this. It was noticeable fairly quickly compared to what's in there now.
    -Campaign map now has all new textures make sure and keep a backup jic you don't like them.
    -Fixed southern European new building and wall textures not showing up for Aragon, Spain, and rebels.
    drop in the data folder.
    Some Pics of the different regions. If a moderator wants to put a spoiler for pics that would be awesome not sure how its done.

enjoy..

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: 4.1 Preview

Thanks for including my stuff into your brilliant mod!

I'm going to make a release of this CAI, it will be named as Potentiated Artificial Intelligence Novelty (P.A.I.N.)

By the way - I see great and smooth shoreline on your map - did you correct it by yourself?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Thank you sir for letting me use your cai I think its awesome, regarding map I've made a ton of changes over the past 5 years including some of the shore lines yes. Including expanding Great Britain and the north for more room. I don't like settlements crammed by end of map if possible.

I tried a campaign with Georgia with 4.0 and the 4.1 update, but around turn 45 it kept crashing. I went back first one, then two, and finally three turns, but it continued to crash. I also had several occurrences of crashes earlier, but for those I was able to just go back one turn and replay and it worked. I think I will have to wait for a more stable version.
    The last time I played with the 2.0 version and patches, I had no crashes at all. Have you been experiencing more crashes as well?
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Yes, been working on it for a few days, I think I have it narrowed down. I either installed the cai wrong or the cai is causing it somehow. I'll get with bitterhowl if I cant find myself.

What log says during crash? Maybe it's CTD after some faction's last settlement besieged with FL and heir?

Several other projects implemented my CAI and no regular CTD reports occurred.
    Last edited by bitterhowl; April 13, 2023 at 11:48 PM.

It's turn 45 as moving from HRE to England.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    What log says during crash? Maybe it's CTD after some faction's last settlement besieged with FL and heir?

Several other projects implemented my CAI and no regular CTD reports occurred.
    Its not the cai thank god since I do like yours I did have to swap out some target factions like normans and aztecs since those don't exist in my mod and was hoping that was the problem but it wasn't. It is somewhere in the script or strat file. I will say 4.0 runs just fine for me ran it up to 70 turns with 1 crash on late and early. Its the 4.1 thats causing it somewhere I'll update with fix asap.

Thanks for log kilgore

By the way, I've released full version of CAI - TrueGeneral CamP.A.I.N. on local forum, it has some changes from version you're using now.

And feedback is very positive!

been working on mod off and on, I seem to have fixed the constant crasahing on my end at least. Whenever I finish next update I'll test it out a bit more than usual. for the update I have several more custom settlements (textures for the settlements) also adding bitterhowl new cai with several bug fixes I found along with adding recruitable mercs in forts since I have so many on the map, if it works to my liking.
    Last edited by Curt2013; April 22, 2023 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    I tried a campaign with Georgia with 4.0 and the 4.1 update, but around turn 45 it kept crashing. I went back first one, then two, and finally three turns, but it continued to crash. I also had several occurrences of crashes earlier, but for those I was able to just go back one turn and replay and it worked. I think I will have to wait for a more stable version.
    The last time I played with the 2.0 version and patches, I had no crashes at all. Have you been experiencing more crashes as well?
    So not sure why 4.0 was bad on your end, maybe corrupt or somthing works fine here. Also did you apply 4gig patch? Hopefully next version will be better for you.

I have to mention that I uploaded detailed version with custom ai_labels (catholic/orthodox/islam/pagan and island for island located/naval oriented faction).

Yes, I was using the 4.0 gb patch. Looking forward to the next version!

Just to add that I'm playing 4.1 as KOJ and I appear to have had the same crash at the end of turn 45. It might be rebel based as it happens right at the end of the turn. Hope you can sort this out as its a challenging mod which requires a different strategic approach than most of the others.

Amazingly I've just got through the crash 'block' by running the turn with fog turned off. There is hope yet.

I hope we'll improve BAI soon as well as CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Braffet View Post
    Just to add that I'm playing 4.1 as KOJ and I appear to have had the same crash at the end of turn 45. It might be rebel based as it happens right at the end of the turn. Hope you can sort this out as its a challenging mod which requires a different strategic approach than most of the others.
    If you or anyone else has a crash you cannot get passed try this.

I started a campaign with Jerusalem and was crash free until turn 48, I reloaded and made it to turn 50 and even after a reload and 3 tries still crashing. No errors I could see with all error messages unlocked.

So I then went inside my data folder and found this file "export_descr_character_traits" and renamed it to somthing like "export_descr_character_traitsORIGINAL" I have a file just underneath it called "export_descr_character_traits_no_triggers_use_for_ctd" rename that to "export_descr_character_traits" run campaign for a few turns. It should hopefully get you passed the crash if reloading isn't allowing for that. Play 2-4 turns and swap the files back and you should be smooth sailing. I did that exact thing and ran the campaign another 20 turns and no crash.

@kilgore trout, if you start a campaign and get a few crash in the 1st 12 or so turns just restart to new one. I've noticed some campaigns just seem to run buggy idk why just my experiences. Most the time its pretty smooth.

@bitterhowl thats awesome now I don't have to make those religion cai variables looking forward to the bai.

Curt2013 - I did as you suggested and I got past the crash! Thanks!

bitterhowl - Thanks for working on a new battleAI. Have you ever considered adding the ReallyBadAI HardcoreAddon from Germanicu5? It was easy to add to the earlier version 2.0 of this mod. I simply added the necessary lines to two files, as below. However, I am unable to do this with version 4.0 as the Germanicu5 Battle AI is no longer being used. Anyway, please consider it. If not, if you have any idea of how I might add it myself (if it is not too difficult for a novice like me to add), please let me know. Cheers!

[files]
    append data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt with ReallyBadAI_Hardcore.txt before:
    ;=======================================================;
    ;================= ADDITIONAL SCRIPTS ==================;
    <end>
    append data\scripts\show_me\G5Script2.txt with ReallyBadAI_Hardcore_Custom.txt after:
    ;================= ADDITIONAL SCRIPTS ==================;
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; April 24, 2023 at 07:32 AM.

Well, for implementing G5 Hardcore to G5 regular you just have to follow the instructions from your post - copypaste that parts of code G5 Hardcore below main body of G5 in campaign script and data/scripts/show_me/

Just use Notepad++, not default one.

bitterhowl - Yes, I did as you say a few months ago and it worked fine. But I don't think that curt2013 is using G5 battleAI in 4.0. I think maybe he is using skynet.

There is no longer a data\scripts\show_me\G5Script2.txt path. I tried attaching the addin to the campaign file and creating the G5Script2.txt path myself, but of course that didn't work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast