Thread: Towns stop growing?

G Rider's Avatar Tiro

Default Towns stop growing?

I'm having a hard time if not impossible for towns to grow after a period of time. Hard to reach large or fortress and impossible to get huge or citidel. This seems to plague other mods as well. Anyone else?

Is there a work around?
    Last edited by G Rider; February 01, 2007 at 05:29 PM.

Default Re: Towns stop growing?

right, i think dd has acknowledged the problem in a nother thread in this subforum. do a search.

can u reply here????
    i ca't search a phrase ib all the forum and my clan is a fun of this mode so please reply

Construct all building for population growth, low taxes.
    In automatic run the cities reached all large city, fortress level..

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

G Rider's Avatar Tiro

If you do any recruiting from the cities for troops it becomes very very difficult / almost impossible. The AI has extra money and uses mercs more than I do it seems so the AI uses less of the population for troops. Ive had everything built and it needs to go 5000 to 10000 more to reach large at a .5% growth rate.

Is it suppose to not be able to reach huge or citadel?
    I'm not interested in winning an argument with a moron on the Internet. - G Rider

How about a (transferable) retinue for a general that boosts population growth? Wise Woman (birth mortality rate drops in settlement). Runaway Libido (your general single-handedly increases the settlement due to his extreme verility). LOL

@RAPMAN

i have construct all the buildings for population grows but the team od
    DLV change the population to upgrade the castle and in the castle u can't low taxes.

The mode will be better if you play the mode

hey someone can tell me how low the ammount of people to upgrade castles????

if u don't want to change i will change for me

Hm in DLV 2.0 we will facilitate the population growth regarding higher level buildings and reduce the limits

repman

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Tokus*Maximus View Post
    How about a (transferable) retinue for a general that boosts population growth? Wise Woman (birth mortality rate drops in settlement). Runaway Libido (your general single-handedly increases the settlement due to his extreme verility). LOL
    Tokus,

That's a great idea!...let's add that to the to-do list for 2.0. Maybe an ancillary for priests that pull the faithful into town Charismatic Priest

Maybe a princess could have a Troubadour ancillary that inspires the people to greater making of ze love...

Cheers! dd (I'm posting on the wish list thread)

it's stupid wait v 2.0 for a parameter

do a patch where fix the amount of people to upgrade the castle in fortress and the fortress in citadel

if you say to me what is the file where i can find this parameter i will do it for you.

i don't think impossible fix amount of population

@elmo
    in the file descr_settlement_mechanics.xml at the end you can change the limits for the population of settlements
    Changing the SPF Parameters in the beginning controls the growth factors

repman

The main problem is the squalor penalty gets to high to overcome for extremely large populations. I have seen this penalty as high as -8%. I have done some tweaking to the descr_settlement_mechanics.xml to try come up with a steady population increase and eliminate 4% or higher increases as well as large population decreases.

This is my SPF* values that I am using:

<factor name="SPF_FARMING_LEVEL">
    <pip_modifier value="0.5"/>
    <castle_modifier value="0.35"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_FARMS_BUILT">
    <pip_min value="0"/>
    <pip_max value="20"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_HEALTH">
    <pip_modifier value="1.0"/>
    <pip_min value="0"/>
    <pip_max value="20"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_BUILDINGS">
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_TAX_RATE_BONUS">
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_BUILDINGS_FUN">
    <pip_modifier value="0.25"/>
    <pip_min value="0"/>
    <pip_max value="20"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_GOVERNORS_INFLUENCE">
    <pip_min value="0"/>
    <pip_max value="10"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_TRADE">
    <pip_modifier value="0.18"/>
    <pip_min value="0"/>
    <pip_max value="20"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_SQUALOUR">
    <pip_modifier value="0.2"/>
    <pip_min value="0"/>
    <pip_max value="16"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_PLAGUE">
    <pip_modifier value="1.5"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_TAX_RATE_PENALTY">
    <pip_modifier value="1.5"/>
    </factor>

This is my population table:

<population_levels>
    <!-- city -->
    <level name="village" base="250" upgrade="1100" min="125" max="1500"/>
    <level name="town" base="1000" upgrade="3850" min="500" max="5250"/>
    <level name="large_town" base="3500" upgrade="11550" min="1750" max="15750"/>
    <level name="city" base="10500" upgrade="28875" min="5250" max="39375"/>
    <level name="large_city" base="26250" upgrade="57750" min="13125" max="78750"/>
    <level name="huge_city" base="52500" min="26250" max="118125"/>
    <!-- castle -->
    <level name="moot_and_bailey" base="200" upgrade="880" min="100" max="1200"/>
    <level name="wooden_castle" base="800" upgrade="3080" min="400" max="4200"/>
    <level name="castle" base="2800" upgrade="9240" min="1400" max="12600"/>
    <level name="fortress" base="8400" upgrade="23100" min="4200" max="31500"/>
    <level name="citadel" base="21000" min="10500" max="63000"/>
    </population_levels>

What I get is this. Playing England it takes London as a city and Caen as a fort about 150-200 turns to reach the max upgrade. This is if you make sure there is always construction going on. My goal is that the city will not be ready to upgrade until all the buildings for that level are completed.