Thread: How do you think of the mod is charge money?

Default How do you think of the mod is charge money?

Is it legal? Could someone please help me?

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: How do you think of the mod is charge money?

Without context I would say actually charging to play a mod is legally dubious at least with Creative Assembly, and would not be accepted either way under the practices of TWC. How well that can be enforced depends, easily on TWC but not as consistently in the wider internet.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by yxyxy123 View Post
    Is it legal? Could someone please help me?
    I think modders charging money should be a red flag. The only modders I would eventually give money are those trying to break MTW2 engine limits, hardcodes, or eventually those pioneering Warscape games maps(as Attila map).

Mods are free, fanmade projects. Put mod behind paywall turns mod into kind of unofficial DLC and I'm against it.

However modding it often inscresible amount of work so I think there's nothing bad in voluntary donations for creators.

Also, patreon (and other this kind of platforms) shouldn't be used to put mod behind paywall before first public release, no matter how incomplete build of mod is shared in such way. If first public release is done, then very short period early access or "interactive screenshot" (builds not to play, just to check progress) of next updates as reward for patrons is okay thought (however, these builds shouldn't be promoted outside like public releases).
    Last edited by Sara Temer; March 20, 2023 at 07:58 AM.
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Sara said it best.
    And she has done excellent work for S2TW that is as promising as an official DLC. Well, more so than the DLC that just add a couple of clans. A full-blown game expansion.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.