Thread: Merchants in the HRE

Commander_Vimes's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Merchants in the HRE

when i am playin as the HRE i sent some merchants down to egypt and its says that they make about 2florins!! for silk and sugar and that so i send some off to timbuktu but even then the make 16 for ivory and 20 for slave traders whats up with that!!!

Default Re: Merchants in the HRE

Do you have trade agreements with those nations? Do you have the new patch? Do your merchants suck? We need more info, here.

no i don't have trade agreement because they are just rebels i haven't got any patches yet

Sending merchants to towns??? like you manually control merchants now? THIS THING YOUR TALKING ABOUT SOUNDS COOL! what kind of game is this?? is this the new game medieval 2???? if yes oh my gosh i need to buy this. pls let me know coz i really like trading games thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Vimes View Post
    no i don't have trade agreement because they are just rebels i haven't got any patches yet
    That explains it. Go get the 1.1 patch and you'll notice a big difference. 1.0 had a trade bug where resource values reset after you loaded a saved game. 1.1 takes care of that bug. You can fix it in 1.0 by reassigning your capitol elsewhere and then moving it back. It made the game recheck resource values. Still, I'd suggest just getting 1.1 instead.

well you don't send the merchants to the towns but to resoruces some are worth more depending who u are for example if u are HRE slaves and Ivory should be worht alot!!!

As the HRE I always send one merchant to a gold resource a little to the east/southeast of Venice, and four merchants down to the four silk resources surrounding Constantinople. The silk merchants give me about 4000 gold or more per turn, if they have average skill.

I also tend to place a couple of merchants by the two resources surrounding Bologna... amber, I think it is? Not certain.

thanks guys now i can wage my war against denmark, france ,milan ,venitans ,hungary ,the byzantinime empire

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

Have fun battling the whole world then!

try goin to baghdad. nice place for silk and further from ur capital than constantinople. then dont forget bout the sugar, spices and cotton round the east. there's heaps of it

yeah thanks all i had to do was move my capital but now i have defeated denmark,milan,france,venitans and halfway through killing the moors, poland, russia,portugesee,spanish, byzantine empire england scotland so my empire stretches from helsinki to constinople to naples to oslo to zaragoza