Thread: Crappy fonts in 2K and 4K monitors...

NobleStef80's Avatar Miles

Default Crappy fonts in 2K and 4K monitors...

I'm playing in 1440p (2K) resolution and the fonts are messed up. They look stretched, distorted and blurry in event windows and unit spec windows!
    I try to post a picture but paradoxically, when I "prt sc" and copy in paint, the picture looks ok, without any problems as it should be in game...!
    Does anyone else have this problem?
    I also tried the Windows 7 and 8 compatibility run, to no luck, the same problem persists.

I even installed the Larger Font mod and the same thing happens even with this!
    And yes, I have tried all 4 different versions!

I bet people with 4K monitors have even worse problems than me...

I searched the internet for a solution and it seems that this is the CA's fault, even in their other titles as well!
    I didn't find anything anywhere about this.

My specs are:
    Windows 10 64bit,
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070,
    i5-7600K and
    16GB Ram

All drivers updated!

Please help!
    Last edited by NobleStef80; March 01, 2023 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NobleStef80 View Post
    I'm playing in 1440p (2K) resolution and the fonts are messed up. They look stretched, distorted and blurry in event windows and unit spec windows!
    I try to post a picture but paradoxically, when I "prt sc" and copy in paint, the picture looks ok, without any problems as it should be in game...!
    Does anyone else have this problem?
    I also tried the Windows 7 and 8 compatibility run, to no luck, the same problem persists.

I even installed the Larger Font mod and the same thing happens even with this!
    And yes, I have tried all 4 different versions!

I bet people with 4K monitors have even worse problems than me...

I searched the internet for a solution and it seems that this is the CA's fault, even in their other titles as well!
    I didn't find anything anywhere about this.

My specs are:
    Windows 10 64bit,
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070,
    i5-7600K and
    16GB Ram

All drivers updated!

Please help!
    Game was written at time 1080p was king, and 32bit programs were the norm, UI scaling was not added until Rome 2
    not much u can do except play on bigger monitor or use 1080p resolution , I play at 1440p 32inch , but sit close to monitor so i can get away with it.
    You could also try using Nvidia Image scaling , allows u to set game res to say 1080p and upscale to your native monitor res

https://www.howtogeek.com/886754/wha...do-you-use-it/

note: pick a game res same ratio as your native res, ie 1920x1080 = 16:9 = 2560 x1440p
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; July 25, 2023 at 12:34 PM. Reason: posts merged

Default Re: Crappy fonts in 2K and 4K monitors...

note next lowest 16:9 ration res from 2560x1440p is 2176x1224