Thread: Warhammer III - update 2.4: Immortal Empires for everyone!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Warhammer III - update 2.4: Immortal Empires for everyone!

Any thoughts on patch 2.4 of Warhammer III?

The big news seems to be that anyone who owns Warhammer III can now play on the very large Immortal Empires map, without needing Warhammer I and II. (If you own Warhammer I or II but not III, Immortal Empires isn't available - we need Warhammer III).

Apart from that, patch 2.4 seems to be bug-fixes and small tweaks. I wondered about the reason for some of them, for example why it's better for Alith Anar to start the campaign with a unit of Shadow Walkers and one of Archers instead of two Shadow Warrior units. Does the lack of significant changes mean that big changes are being kept back for Update 3.0 - and what changes would people like to see?

Default Re: Warhammer III - update 2.4: Immortal Empires for everyone!

Ι don't think anything is being kept behind, because it seems unreasonable to me. Point zero updates are simply linked to DLC releases and are not relevant to the size of the patch. For example, if I recall correctly, 2.0 was released alongside Champions of Chaos, but, according to CA itself, the patch was pretty minor. I imagine the case of 3.0, planned to coincide with Chaos Dwarfs, will be similar. The modest ambitions of the patches are probably explained by the small amount of resources CA has allocated to them. Unlike Rome II and Empire, Warhammer is in no desperate need for fixes, so I suppose CA is reluctant to invest too much in something that doesn't seem to be a necessary requirement for increased sales. A few months ago, a CA employee (he also used to be a member of our forum) revealed that patching is mostly the product of a single individual. The community has a tendency to overestimate the importance of post-launch support any game receives, but it's standard practice to move the vast majority of the employees to new projects. After all, the profitability of DLCs, much cheaper and with considerably fewer sales than the tent-pole product, relies on their minuscule expenses. So, I expect that patching will continue in the current pace: Small fixes that will gradually solve some of the bugs, although DLCs may introduce new issues.