Thread: Italian Ship's name for Savoy in Campain

Default Italian Ship's name for Savoy in Campain

Hello everyone, it's about some days i come back playing Empire and making some changes again on the mod, one of the few thing hurting me is to see french names on ship for the kingdom of italy (starting with savoy).
    I fond the file "faction" in witch you can change several parameters, including language voices for country and ship's name by nation; i extract that file from the main.pack, put it in darthmod.pack, leaving just the string for savoy and change ship' name in italian (and eventually also the voice).
    It worked for the custom battles (and i also think for multiplayer) but in campaign all the new ship created still have the french one, does anybody know how to solve it?

The_Lord_Snow's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Italian Ship's name for Savoy in Campain

Quote Originally Posted by TheMP999 View Post
    Hello everyone, it's about some days i come back playing Empire and making some changes again on the mod, one of the few thing hurting me is to see french names on ship for the kingdom of italy (starting with savoy).
    I fond the file "faction" in witch you can change several parameters, including language voices for country and ship's name by nation; i extract that file from the main.pack, put it in darthmod.pack, leaving just the string for savoy and change ship' name in italian (and eventually also the voice).
    It worked for the custom battles (and i also think for multiplayer) but in campaign all the new ship created still have the french one, does anybody know how to solve it?
    There should be a section of the startpos file with each faction's ship names, and they're all French for Savoy. I've never tried changing them out of fear of destabilizing the campaign, but that might do it.
    Lead (and only) Developer of the Succession Mod for Total War EMPIRE

Well i saw a file where there are all ship's names, related to general country and a section where you can put the exclusive country, but i thought changing it in "faction" would works (they are 2 different things, one say ships a,b,c,... are e.g. french, but in "faction file" you say a defined country have french ship's name) ; also in "faction" savoy military are already enlisted under venice_group, like others italians, not under france.
    Not sure what file are you talking about, but i presume i can try search i file where they specify that a country have a culture or region and change that, assuming savoy have "french".

Maybe i found a possible cause, but i still don't know how to fix it: inside game folder there is a file named "DME_campaign.pack" and iside of it there is the same "faction" file, where i changed voice and ship's names.
    The problem is that when i launch the game, the file reset itself on original mod one (even if i delete it, it just reappear) and i don't know if that would solve the problem, also the strange thing is that the voices were already changed in italian on campaign (just ship names won't work), anyway i don't really know how to fix that.