Thread: Newly created Mods have no sounds

Default Newly created Mods have no sounds

So, whenever i make a new mod folder, when i launch the game with it has no sound :/

It generates a bunch of files on the mods "sound" folder, but all of them empty and with 1kb of size

So i have to copy the entire vanilla sound folder into it for it to have sounds

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Default Re: Newly created Mods have no sounds

If events.dat is building with 1kb (empty), then I would guess you're missing the necessary sounds text files in the mod's data folder. There are about forty of those files which you can find in Bare Geomod or elsewhere here on TWC. I believe a 1kb events pack is the reason for missing audio (although I seem to recall there are multiple ways to induce this). You should also make sure you don't have audio disabled in the mod's config file (although this is unlikely, this is basically just the mute button in the menu).

You do not need to copy the vanilla audio packs into your mod's sounds folder. The game will pull referenced audio from the vanilla packs when running a mod so there is no reason I'm aware of to include vanilla audio files in your mod. Your mod's audio packs should contain new audio used in addition to or instead of vanilla audio.