Thread: Are there port cities that are "richer" than others?

Default Are there port cities that are "richer" than others?

Hi,

As all of you may well know, who have played Rome Total War (the first one), all port cities are not equal. Alexandria, Antioch, and the cities surrounding the Aegean are much richer in revenue than the others.
    It seems that in Rome II vanilla, they have flattened the revenue of every port city to be exactly the same (please correct me if I am wrong), because the revenue of the port city now comes from the port building, which gives 180 denarii per turn, at level three, I believe. Therefore, all port cities equally earn 180 denarii at level three.

Has the economy of the port cities been revamped in DEI mod, so that some port cities are richer than others?
    I observed that there are thick dashed lines through the ocean, in the mod game. And if you mouse over them, it will say "trade route", and give you a breakdown of which faction is earning how much because of the trade route. The trade route goes to Arretium in the Adriatic Sea, there is no trade route that connects to the city of Rome, even though it is a port city. The cities that are connected to a trade route, are they richer cities than other port cities not connected to a trade route? Or is there any other way that some port cities are richer than others?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Are there port cities that are "richer" than others?

We have added a lot of unique settlements that come with their own unique effects.

In base game port cities get one extra building slots, meaning they always have advantage over non port cities. In DeI we unlocked extra building slot for all cities so they end up with equal amount of slots to port cities.
    Port cities can still generate a lot due to simply being more linked with trade.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod