Thread: More realistic flaming arrows

Default More realistic flaming arrows

Hi Guys, I here is a mini submod that restores the flaming arrows. What is different is that I lowered a little bit the range and accuracy of the flaming arrows, and the animation is much less 'holywood like'- the soldiers hit with arrows will not explode with fire, the arrows just burn out for a moment. I found it a middle ground between enjoying flaming arrows (using them in the night, burning siege machines and causing fear in the enemy) and the historical accuracy (they were basically useless in the open battle, and not often used even in the sieges).

The installation is very simple and doesn't depend on the version of SSHIP (good with any updates of 097 and 098)- just copy these two files into '/SSHIP_09X/data/' folder:

1. https://www.mediafire.com/file/2kzye...ffect.txt/file
    2. https://www.mediafire.com/file/a0nv1...ctile.txt/file

Your feedback will be very welcome, thanks in advance for any comments!

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: More realistic flaming arrows

I installed your submod. When I have tested it enough, I will comment (making these arrows less precise and reducing the range is a good thing).

@Macaras i try your minimod and it is so good! Is possible have this for the next release of sship? I like also play with flaming arrow in battles and now is more realistic!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    @Macaras i try your minimod and it is so good! Is possible have this for the next release of sship? I like also play with flaming arrow in battles and now is more realistic!
    Good to hear it! Regarding the use in the next release, it depends I guess on the feedback from players. In any case it will be easy to install because it doesn't depend on other files, so any version work with it. Please let me know any further impressions, I can make it either more or less effective, improving accuracy and velocity or decreasing it. Do the siege engines burn sometimes?