Thread: naval morale

Icon5 naval morale

hi, im new to this forum and new to modding overall and would like some help in how to mod the morale of the naval ships as they seem to surrender before their sunk, id like them to sink, ive done a bit of research to find out its about their morale but cant seem to change it without breaking the game or it not working at all, i would like some help with this please

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: naval morale

Welcome to TWC, NaturalTiger300.

You asked how to mod the morale of the ships. I believe this can be done by creating a mod file with the unit_stats_naval database table -if I remember correctly, there's a column for the morale of each type of ship in that database table.

You mentioned that your mod is breaking the game or not working, that sounds frustrating. Which modding tool are you using, and what are you doing with it - are you editing the game's pack files or creating a separate mod file? As I understand it, the better option is usually to create a separate mod file. There's an explanation of how to create a mod file here.

Are you using any other mods at the same time? If you are, the changes made by those mods might override the changes that you're makiing.

If you're creating a separate mod file, how are you activating your mod - are you using a mod manager, or setting your mod file type to 'movie', or using a user script file? There's more information on how to activate a mod here.

There's a useful directory of modding information on the TCWC Wiki.
    Last edited by Alwyn; October 29, 2022 at 06:01 AM.