Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW! SSHIP ver. 0.98 - March 27th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: NEW VERSION AVAILABLE - SSHIP 0.98, June 2023

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    LITTLE REVIEW OF MY SICILIAN CAMPAIGN (YEAR 1171), JUNE 2023 VERSION, VH/VH , Only general can attack, Select heir scrip On.

Here is a small review of my current campaign.
    I have a difficult but exciting campaign, it is true that sometimes I have to reload the battles to not lose, and even so they are making it difficult for me... I have wars with Moors, Egyptians and Venetians(they attack me), as well as Serbs and Byzantines (these latter it was my fault for invading their territories).
    Alliances with HRE and Hungary ( Reasonable and Amiable relations)

-The Pope excommunicates those who attack me like the Venetians but it is difficult to reach a peace agreement.

-It's really cool to arrange marriage with other factions as well as "collect" different types of royal blood, for example in my heir's son I have Sicilian, German and Pisan blood, and I plan to marry him to a princess from another faction, maybe Moors to be in peace...I think it would be great if you could inherit other kingdoms through blood ties, and if they don't have more descendants you could claim the throne (via script???)

-On the other hand, I have witnessed that the Macaras script is not carried out or I hardly notice it, I continue to go out with my knights for the siege machines and sometimes the units crowd together.

-The Albigensian Crusade event appears several times in different turns, I think that in this event the game could spam heretical figures(rebels heretics agents) in the south of France and rebel armies( rebel religious fanatics and pilgrims with militia and some knights) pretending this event.

-I have noticed that in the Moorish and Egyptian armies they use a large number of "Arab infantry" sometimes up to 10 units of these and they do not use many missile units, they combine infantry with cavalry and their landowners units, I think the Muslims lack more crossbow type units, I already said at the time to transform the andalusian archers into andalusian crossbowmen... I think at least for the moors should use more berber units than arab units (down the refill of arab infantry for them).

-The Moors have Portugal as a vassal since almost the beginning of the game, and the Castilians and Aragonese have not been at war with them for a long time, they only have me as an enemy and they send me up to 3 stacks full of army. Isn't there a way for the Iberian Christian factions to confront their invaders?

-many times you randomly go to war with some factions because simply an enemy ship blocks your port... I think this should be avoided in the AI, since it hurts your diplomatic relations practically because of this mistake...

-I see too many spearmen units for the Italians, as I mentioned before, the spearmen could be eliminated by an "Italian Spadaccini", so there would be more variety of units. See the link--- https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...4#post16146674

-I also want to say that I only have one merchant (I have a bug, I should have 2) and spies I can hire many, assassin and priest I can only 1 same as the diplomat but thanks to the princesses and noble ladies I can talk with other factions.

-A review of the recruitment of the military orders is urgently needed, I have good relations with the Pope but my reputation is not very good, therefore I cannot recruit them... I think that it would only be enough to have good relations with the Pope, in addition to each some time to be able to recruit them as a normal unit in areas historically of religious conflicts (Iberian Peninsula with the Reconquest, Baltic with the teutonic crusades and of course the Holy Land).

- Now College of Cardinal is full and they continue with more cardenals, many agents in the map ( princess, assasins, spy, diplomats...)

- Script select heir is going well, and i prefer this but i miss some civil war... With this script is not possible?
    I'll keep giving more feedback with images and saves, the mod is really cool even if you can polish some more things, it's really challenging and historical!!!

@Jurand here my save and one image about my sicilian campign and the great war against Moors, please take a look and review when you can all the things that I mentioned in my previous review...

WAR AGAINST MOORS.rar
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Fahnat's Avatar Ordinarius
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi Fahnat,
    thank you very much for this clip, it will feature our webpage!

I actually wanted to conctact you on such matter: I think the SSHIP would benefit from having a few clips that would be shown at various occassions, in particular after a conquest of certain important cities. For instance, when the English conquer Paris, or any Spanish faction conquer Cordoba (or Sevilla, or Granada).
    We already have some, see folder \mods\SSHIP_098\data\fmv\event
    They're in the .bic format.

Would you be able to produce such clips? We could include them in the mod.
    cheers
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. June 18th, 2023

The mod is still doing that incredibly annoying thing where I sally forth successfully, yet my "camp" gets looted, implying that I've lost the siege and my settlement has been sacked when it clearly hasn't been.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaku View Post
    The mod is still doing that incredibly annoying thing where I sally forth successfully, yet my "camp" gets looted, implying that I've lost the siege and my settlement has been sacked when it clearly hasn't been.
    Hi @Gaku,
    good seeing you around. Upload a save when you're done with your game. And tell more what you're annoyed more - you're getting quoted here.
    On the camp looted: (1) thanks for the info, I'll look into this matter, (2) I'd think there're many more much more annoying issues in the mod... if only we'd have such problems.
    cheers
    JoC

What version are you playing on? I think Macaras has a fix for that.
    Belovčse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Quote Originally Posted by Belovčse View Post
    What version are you playing on? I think Macaras has a fix for that.
    @Belo, actually it's the issue related to my script ("Camp looted") you've fixed recently - what will be seen in the next version. It's rather a nuissance: a message pops out but there's no consequences (no money lost, no settlement loses).

hey, what are the requirements for the byzantine pronoia reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by sarpedon21 View Post
    hey, what are the requirements for the byzantine pronoia reforms?
    for the moment only having your FL crowned and turn 160 (or turn 200 with an uncrowned FL)
    if not I_EventCounter BYZANTIUM4_PRONOIA == 1 and I_EventCounter BYZANTIUM3_NORMAN_WARS = 1
    log -------------------- Byzantium evolution: (4) PRONOIA ----------------------------------------
    ; PLACEHOLDER !!!
    ; Pronoia system spread in 13th century
    ; perhaps number of the landowners should be used as a condition
    set_event_counter continue 0

if I_TurnNumber > 160
    and I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler == 1
    and not I_IsFactionAIControlled byzantium
    set_event_counter continue 1
    end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 200
    and I_NumberOfSettlements byzantium > 0 ; Byzantium exists
    set_event_counter continue 1
    end_if

if I_EventCounter continue = 1
    set_event_counter continue 0
    historic_event BYZANTIUM4_PRONOIA factions { byzantium, hungary, poland, hre, venice, kievan_rus, cumans, sicily, rum, georgia, zengid, jerusalem, abbasid, }
    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled byzantium
    set_event_counter byzantium4_pronoia_player 1
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if

Ei Jurand what descriptions of buildings do you need for next release? If it is possible i can help you with this work
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Ei Jurand what descriptions of buildings do you need for next release? If it is possible i can help you with this work
    I meant a native English speaker, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I meant a native English speaker, actually.
    mmmm ook I thought it was to add historical descriptions, although later you can use the translator...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

hey, does the pronoia unit also change with the reforms? currently it is listed as light cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by sarpedon21 View Post
    hey, does the pronoia unit also change with the reforms? currently it is listed as light cavalry.
    it does.
    But don't ask me for details as I've never delved into - the units are as they were before in the SS6.4 / SSHIP 092.

;================================================================================================================================ BYZANTIUM;- BYZANTIUM landowners2 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; Numbers below are identical to Georgia mounted knights.
    ; Byzantium has 1 upgrade of mounted knights and no foot versions of their knights - they get the heavy infantry units in another way.

; Events that might be taken into account:
    ; 70: byzantium2_turkish_wars
    ; 120: byzantium3_latin_wars_player
    ; 180: BYZANTIUM4_PRONOIA
    ; 300: BYZANTIUM6_BYZANTINE_RENAISSANCE_STARTED
    ; 600: MATCHLOCK
    ; 800: pike_and_shot

; 1st stage

recruit_pool "Stratiotae" 1 0.03 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and region_religion orthodox 25 and not event_counter BYZANTIUM4_PRONOIA 1
    recruit_pool "Stratiotae" 1 0.045 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and region_religion orthodox 25 and event_counter BYZANTIUM4_PRONOIA 1 and not event_counter BYZANTIUM6_BYZANTINE_RENAISSANCE_STARTED 1
    recruit_pool "Stratiotae" 1 0.03 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and region_religion orthodox 25 and event_counter BYZANTIUM6_BYZANTINE_RENAISSANCE_STARTED 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1

; 2nd stage

recruit_pool "Pronoiarii" 0.9 0.02 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and region_religion orthodox 25 and event_counter BYZANTIUM4_PRONOIA 1 and not event_counter BYZANTIUM6_BYZANTINE_RENAISSANCE_STARTED 1
    recruit_pool "Pronoiarii" 1 0.05 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and region_religion orthodox 25 and event_counter BYZANTIUM6_BYZANTINE_RENAISSANCE_STARTED 1 and not event_counter pike_and_shot 1
    recruit_pool "Pronoiarii" 1 0.09 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and region_religion orthodox 25 and event_counter pike_and_shot 1

Possible bug I've encountered a couple of times lately. All recruitment slots vanish in settlement that isn't under siege. not sure when it started.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wvadv...e+bug.sav/file
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Yeah, it's because you're building farms lvl 3. It was already spotted and will be fixed in the next release.
    Have a look here what's to be in the next release.

Oh ok, thank you.

I've modified the upkeep/income coefficients for the Builders' buildings and some other buildings, following analyses of the save-games uploaded. I've noticed that the income from the buildings is almost always significantly positive, what was not the intention. The intention that it was neutral at the end, but may be positive if some buildings (providing other benefits) are not built up. So this is a step in this direction, another example of balancing the parameters. The income from buildings should be now lower by 20%, what translates into the overall income being lower by 2%.

Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 01, 2023 at 06:19 AM.

Thanks, Has it become easier to vassalize other states?

Quote Originally Posted by av.rider View Post
    Thanks, Has it become easier to vassalize other states?
    No, I have no intention to go in that direction.