Thread: How to mod summon unit abilities for summoning new units

Icon1 How to mod summon unit abilities for summoning new units

Hi everyone, hope be fine.

Want to know what tables and/or Data must edit on DB to be able to add the ability to summon a unit in battle from other unit that is not a hero or Lord, the point is that just created a new bloodthirster and I want that bloddthirster to summon in battle a unit of harpies that also created to be summoned for the bloodthirster, but I don't know what tables and/or Data, and in what order must edit on the DB to be able to do so.

Hope can help me.

Greetings .

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: How to mod summon unit abilities for summoning new units

Hi emmoca, I hopr you're fine too.

As you probably know, some units can cast spells (such as Sisters of the Thorn in Warhammer II), and some spells can summon units. Could you find the database tables which allow units to cast spells, and then created edited versions of those database tables to allow your unit to cast a summoning spell?

That might not enable them to summon harpies specifically, but it could be a way to test whether it's possible to mod a unit so that it can summon another unit. To allow your bloodthirster to summon harpies, you might need to create a custom spell. I found a discussion of how to create a custom spell, in case it's useful. I also found a guide on modding abilities and, at the end of the guide, it shows how to create a new spell.

These are just suggestions and I can't guarantee that this will work. Good luck!

Hi Alwyn.

Thanks for the answer, I'm reading the articles you send me, quite interesting and very helpful, at least I'll try to make the custom spell to summon the harpies, hope can suceed if not at least gonna learn something new.

Have a nice week

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

You're welcome, good luck! I hope you'll have a good week too.
    Last edited by Alwyn; August 15, 2022 at 02:00 AM.