Considering that both Empire Total War and Napoleon Total War use similar textures and meshes for unit equipments, I find it a shame that the mesh.variant_part_mesh for NTW does not include all weapons and equipments from ETW, especially since the DB warscape and animations has all the necessary info coded to use these same weapons and equipments in-game.

Looking at numerous posts and threads on the forum, I believe it is possible to convert equipment and weapons from ETW to NTW. Back in 2012, it seems Sotericus (who's no longer active) managed to import a pitchfork and make it work in-game.

I would like to do something similar, but I do not own UU3D, which is necessary to complete the conversion. I was therefore wondering if any modders out there would be willing to send me a .ms3d conversion of the euro_equipment.variant_weighted_mesh from ETW. This should enable me in the nearby future to come up with an "upgraded" mesh for NTW which would include pitchforks, axes and other models.

My main motivation behind this would be to create new "armed citizenry" unit for Russia, which would be renamed "partisans". Equipped with either axes or pitchfork, the auto-generated garrison unit could be placed anywhere on the map (like guerilla units), so as to surprise unsuspecting regiments and disrupt their ranks while the main Russian force could come in.

With perhaps further effort, I could also improve existing French sapeur units by providing them with axes whenever they fight in melee.

NB: I know quite well it is possible to use ETW equipment on ETW unit models, but this is not what I'm trying to accomplish here.