Thread: S2TW Ship Builder

Default S2TW Ship Builder

I've put together a .blend file that can read and write (mostly) everything needed to create new ships.
    8 python scripts are included in the file:

• Read .rigid_model_v2 files
    • Read .xml files that were unpacked from the "models_naval" db table using this ruby script
    • Write .rigid_model_v2 files
    • Write .xml files that can be packed into a "models_naval" db table
    • Write "bow wave"-type .rigid_model_v2 files
    • Read logic.xml.rigging files (its very limited, and purely for visualization since I didn't do an exporter)
    • Two extra scripts to aid with logic.xml.rigging file creation

S2TW_ship_maker v1.0.zip
    S2TW_ship_maker v1.1.zip

You can see it in action in this mod I released to the Steam Workshop.

Previously I've created a .blend file and python scripts for NTW (it likely works for ETW too). If your interested in that, get it here.
    Last edited by ChaosRobie; August 02, 2022 at 12:08 PM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: S2TW Ship Builder

That is awesome!
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosRobie View Post
    I've put together a .blend file that can read and write (mostly) everything needed to create new ships.
    8 python scripts are included in the file:

• Read .rigid_model_v2 files
    • Read .xml files that were unpacked from the "models_naval" db table using this ruby script
    • Write .rigid_model_v2 files
    • Write .xml files that can be packed into a "models_naval" db table
    • Write "bow wave"-type .rigid_model_v2 files
    • Read logic.xml.rigging files (its very limited, and purely for visualization since I didn't do an exporter)
    • Two extra scripts to aid with logic.xml.rigging file creation

S2TW_ship_maker v1.0.zip

You can see it in action in this mod I released to the Steam Workshop.

Previously I've created a .blend file and python scripts for NTW (it likely works for ETW too). If your interested in that, get it here.
    Thanks! Will try it out!

Small update, version 1.1, fixed a bug with making new damage model objects.

This is incredible, I played your mod, and I'm amazed that even the boarding mechanic is functional for the Pheonix class ship you've designed. Gives me hope that we'll be able to one implement custom walls, seeing as there is a striking resemblance in the ship boarding action (especially smaller ships boarding larger ships) to wall climbing behaviour. Thank you for your hard work!

Do you think you can help uanime5's Morning Calm Mod team build Korean and Ming warships to represent the Imjin War accurately (I'm all into historical accuracy)?

If you haven't heard about it: Here's the post: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?696644-Download-Morning-Sun-Version-3-3

My time is limited, so no. Download the .blend file, make it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosRobie View Post
    My time is limited, so no. Download the .blend file, make it yourself.
    Fair enough

@ChaosRobie, great work! Btw could you please make small Video tutorial how to work with ready ship model in your script?

Hi, awesome work! I'm really enjoying making new ships with your tool.

Do you think modding animated parts like propellers and wheels will ever be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavek98 View Post
    Do you think modding animated parts like propellers and wheels will ever be possible?
    This tool isn't suited for that. I don't remember the details, but I'm pretty sure any .rigid_model_v2 files (along with an .anim file of the same name) you put in with the other ship components will be loaded in-game. If I recall, there's nothing really special about those types of RMV2 and .anim.

Does anyone have a basic walkthrough/info on how to use this tool? would love to start using it. I have some experience with blender, first time trying to mod anything.

[COLOR=var(--text-primary)][COLOR=var(--tw-prose-body)]Has anyone succeeded? My computer basics are not good. I have downloaded Blender, Ruby, Python, but still can't manage it. Can someone help me?
    [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(180,180,180,var(--tw-text-opacity))]

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Has anyone succeeded? My computer basics are not good. I have downloaded Blender, Ruby, Python, but still can't manage it. Can someone help me?I even had ChatGPT teach me how to do it, but I still failed.

Has you succeeded?