Thread: Being Outlawed by the Senate.

Laetus

Default Being Outlawed by the Senate.

Hi, I've been playing RTW since 2005, mostly on disc until a couple years ago, when I started playing the remastered version via Steam. My current game is on the Julii, but sometime around 190 BCE, the Senate outlaws me, and the other factions declare war. The Marius event was around 220-215 BCE, so I haven't even trained most of my Legions to replace the Hastati & Principe armies. In the older version, the Senate would demand my faction leader's suicide, or I'd be outlawed. I would try to appoint my oldest family member, so this was manageable. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Being Outlawed by the Senate.

Who needs the Senate? Time to drive out the oligarchs on the behalf of the People of Rome.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Laetus

Default Re: Being Outlawed by the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Who needs the Senate? Time to drive out the oligarchs on the behalf of the People of Rome.
    Nice, but I miss being able to prepare for the betrayal. Before, I was able to defeat & conquer my faction's enemies before focusing on the other Roman factions. Had it down to a science. I even started the game with the idea of certain towns being taken regardless of Rome's orders or the other faction's area of responsibility. For example, if I were the Scipii, I would move into Spain, Gaul & Pontus before attacking Egypt; if the Julii, try to invade Pontus before invading Britain, but everything north of Italy & west of Germany was for me. If I played as the Brutii, EVERYTHING east of Italy was mine to take.

Any idea how to fix this glitch or how to manage being outlawed a whole 100 years early? I love the new version, but this is insane, and I don't care for the original graphics & interface.

Thanks in advance.