Thread: Trying to add custom units to Lord's and heroes red line for buffs

Default Trying to add custom units to Lord's and heroes red line for buffs

I'm using "Grand Order of the Reiksguard - All In One Collection" a fantastic mod that I can't play Empire without-

I don't want to replace the buffs from vanilla, just want to add specific units to the tree. E.g., "Reiksguard Handgunners" receive buffs from "Pistolkorps" in the redline.

I figured out that "character_skill_level_to_effects_junctions_tables" is a big part of it, and I've watched and read several guides but the unique issue I'm having figuring this out is that the units are custom and the lords/heroes are vanilla.
    I haven't found a guide that explains which db info I need to include from the custom units so that the game will include them.

Any help would be appreciated

edit wow I just realized I've been lurking here for almost 20yrs

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Trying to add custom units to Lord's and heroes red line for buffs

There are two different things to do

- Add the units to the effect.

Let's go for "wh_main_skill_emp_lord_battle_speed_of_horse" in "character_skill_level_to_effects_junctions_tables". The effect is "wh_main_effect_force_army_battle_pistoliers_outriders_movement_speed". I use RPFM, Global Search to see where this appears.
    I find "effect_bonus_value_ids_unit_sets". So I open this table and see it is applied to "emp_outriders" and "emp_pistoleers" unit sets
    So go to "unit_set_to_unit_junction", I look for "emp_pistoleers" , and I see 3 units in this set. If I want a new custom unit, I can just add it here and it will work (and every where the set is used, so be a little careful, if the set is used for several reasons and you don't want them all).

A possiblity would be also to directly look at "unit_set_to_unit_junction", find all the unit sets which have "pistoliers", and add your custom units to all of them. Either that or go from the skill to the effect to the unit set.

- Note that adding the unit to the effect will work in game (the effect will apply), but it will not automatically show that in the tooltip for the skill. For that, open the localisation file, like local_en.pack for the English version, go in "text/db/effects_.loc"

find "wh_main_skill_emp_lord_battle_speed_of_horse", it says "Speed: %+n% for Pistoliers and Outriders units". Change the text to add your custom units if you want.

Default Re: Trying to add custom units to Lord's and heroes red line for buffs

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain