Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Early versions data screenshots. Feel free to post your own.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: Early versions data screenshots. Feel free to post your own.

The Germanic Horde (we hope we will fix that issue) was huge. Douzens of small armies plus 8-10 full ones. By the time Germans lost their last stranghold and they could not replanish their loses.
    I has a number of night attacks in small armies with minimum loses plus my diplomat bribed few of them. In the end 10 armies spoted soouth of Ancona with the 3 bigest ones to gather all German characters 6 in total. It was the time to"cut the sepreant's head"aka King Otto . My army had also 3 generals in its ranks but i had no time to retrain the units from the previus battles loses. So I attacked directly to King Otto and for his help 2 armies with the rest of his nobillity arrived to help him.
    And so the "Battle of the 9 generals" bigan!

I advanced forward to show that i chase the 1st Gewrmanic army in their fake retreat. But this time i kept the best of the anti-cavalry units in reserve. When all 3 Germanic armoes apeared they launched full scale attack with their general to give their example. The preasure begane in my left wing so i move the right wing reserves to the left ...
    One by one the German Generals fell by the spears of Menaulati and the axes of Italian Militias that have AP abillity!
    Last fell King Otto then it became a slauter!
    The Roman generals.

The one in the middle was in charge. Exelent tactician but worst governor!

The last one is a dormer German general that bribed. I wonder how he felt hiding his face from his fellow country men with the chain hood.
    Withour leading all the rest armies became rebel.

Serbia was a trusted ally for 552 turns. Then when Serbs saw my dificulties in italy they declared war on me. In Lighting attck I took Kattaro from them and gave them money to stop the war.
    But the Empire never forgets who is betraying it...My only fear is the huge Croatia next to me!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; June 07, 2022 at 04:54 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great story and pictures. Makes me want to get right back to throwing out the Arabs from the empire

For some reason Normans prefer night attacks.

But in their last one night prevented to allow them see the Menaulati traps in the Roman formation.
    After the Liberation of Ravenna , Pope became hostile. He might thought thart the Empire would attempt to restore the Exarchate of Ravenna and that would surroynd Pope from his northern allies.
    He launched an attack against imperial troops!

But his general underestimated the power of the Roman infantry (after all Pope's army is not a pure Lombard one).
    In turn 610 i besiege Pope in a Fort and East Frankia suddenly attacked one of my armies.
    I had a CTD when Pope was about to surrender ofter 3 turn of siege but I hope is a random one.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Nice shots? Campaign or random battle?

A random battle. I really wanted to give the Normans a wack...but as you can probably tell it was a very hard slog. In the first picture you see the varangoi coming down the hill to join the fray. It got to the Triarii as the earlier Romans would say.
    Luckily the Romans are professional troops and their military manuals dictate a reserve
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; June 11, 2022 at 10:45 PM.

A very distarbing message!

The omly major event that did not apear is Sviatoslav's Invasion to Bulgaria and then turn against Romans. We hope we will fix that too.

They have arrived...

Underestimating an enemy is a fatal mistake!
    Take a look of these peasant like warriors!

Turcomans found Abbasids ready and turned against me.
    This is the battle of 6 armies.

The Tagmatc Units were vaterans of the Italian wars ...They called back to fight Turcomans , regrouped and faught. After a Phyric Victory the next battle Turkomans left almost none alive!
    The good news are that atleast 4 of their armies remrants are wide spread all along Anatolia, the bad news are that they besiege Ceasarea with a full stack army.

Exciting stuff

Soczew's Avatar Foederatus

Cool. You always turn up with the best screen shots

One question ..Did you change the horses of Aristocrats?
    In fact we have a competition:
    In our Aristoacrats you can find this guy:

The horse, the horse barding, the helmet , the armor ,the chain hood and the boots all exist in the Aristocrats groups. But no matter how mant battles i gave with them (you need captaphract armory to have that shield) i never had the entire consept , always something was different. Lets see if you get lucky your seplvs. The half armored horses are3 ment to be for steppe, eastern factions. If you nottce our cataphracts you wil see that half of their horse armoer are hanf armor since the back side is cloth! TGC will have a very strict policy on sub mods because it aims to be an educartional tool.
    Now some good news i created the faction selection symbols of East Frankia Princes (rebels), HRE usurpers (rebels) and Kiev Rus rebels.

EDIT: How foolish of me. Our friend Soczew played with Serbia. O knew that _tartaros_ added some place holder units but in all of 798 turns Serbia was a trusted ally and i had no chance to see the changes!
    I am sorry mt friend Soczew!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; June 24, 2022 at 02:54 PM.

I have to say that the mod is great. Timeframe, interesting region, very good that there is a small number of factions. Today I downloaded it and played some quick battles. It is difficult and challenging. I followed it for a few years but then forgot about it. Until today. What captivated me the most is that the models are, in my opinion, some of the best in Medieval (textures, paintings, armor, horses, environment, grass!!! ) I look forward to the full version of the mod. Thank you so much for this!

Majkl's Avatar Miles

The units, especially roman ones are simply superb. Truly art of work. Sometimes I can not fathom how 15 years old engine and few skilled people can makes awesome game that puts anything CA did in last ten years to shame. I always loved medieval 2 engine with its simple yet intriguing mecahnics that allows for fun campaigns. Units have "weight" to them, unlike new TW titles and with these beautiful skins it is joy to play. I do not have much opportunity to enjoy M2TW anymore but I will try this mod again when Great Moravia is finished. This mod even in its alpha version is more polished that 99% other mods I have seen. And units are probably best looking as far as I know.

In the status the mod is now atleast i can play a basic campaign.
    The siege of Antioch is about to begin:

Romans use their anachronistic but still the stronger lithovolos catapult to bring down walls and towers!
    After the heavy bombardment the the assault of the army into the city and pushed the Abbasid defenders to the city's center the Chief Marshal of the campaign enters the city.

While i was left alone i will make the Bulgarian roster (both royals and usurpers) anf any unit that can be re-done without changes in coding and scripting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast