Thread: Another Gay Species...

Default Another Gay Species...

there have been a number of studies in recent times proving species after species engaged in same sex activity...

They've been keeping it from us: There are homosexual and bisexual animals, ranging from charismatic megafauna like mountain gorillas to cats, dogs and guinea pigs. There are transgendered animals, transvestite animals (who adopt the behavior of the other gender but don't have sex with their own), and animals who live in bisexual triads and quartets.
    Scientists now examining the truth of the Sea Horses fabled monogamy came in for a surprise!

A study indicates that the sea creatures are promiscuous, flighty and more than a little bit gay — none more so than the Australian seahorse. And unlike human rules of attraction, it was the members of the Hippocampus genus with the biggest bellies that attracted the most partners.

The results also suggested that of 3,168 recorded sexual encounters, 37 per cent were same-sex liaisons.
    Paul Bullimore, a Sea Life Centre marine curator, said: “The results of the survey came as a revelation to all of us. The fabled monogamy of the seahorse really has been exposed as a myth. We were pretty sure there was far more promiscuity among seahorses than is generally acknowledged, but we hadn’t picked up on the same-sex liaisons.
    Source 1
    Source 2

In some colonies, as many as one in 10 pairs of penguins may be same-sex, while "in some animals the whole species is bisexual", the exhibition says, giving bonobo chimpanzees as an example.
    BBC News on the Oslo Natural History Museum exhibition "Against Nature?"

how much more evidence do we need that what is termed homosexuality is and has been natural throughout the animal kingdom?

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer
    From the kingdom of heaven by the powah of the holy spirit

Default Re: Another Gay Species...

how many times do we have to go over this? dogs hump trees, human legs and cats. The conclusions these scientists reach are sketchy.

Speaking of dogs humping trees, there are plenty of humans that get off on their right hands...

I for one am tired of these scientific threads that inevitably lead to political bs. To the point that I really don't care anymore.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

sdjenkyn's Avatar Campidoctor

Well if it makes you feel better I for one think homosexuality is completely normal.I would compare it to how you view art. Art cannot be defined because its subjective. What I admire in art others may not. Sexuality is very much the same and I would argue probably works from the same area of the brain. If this wasn't true I think everyone would all look the same ie, different traits attract different people and that obviously has to cross genders,too. As for the science its always nice to have empirical data reinforcing what many of us already assume but it would be nice if they didnt act so shocked with there findings.

Roy Batty's Avatar Senator

Whatever hole is handy, I guess... Crazy, buggering sea horses!
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    H. L. Mencken

This wouldn't an issue if ignorant people (mostly men) made homosexuality an issue -_-

"Hearts are the depositories of secrets. Lips are their locks and tongues are their keys."
    - Bayushi Kachiko