Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: NATO: Turkey vs. Sweden/Finland

Default Re: NATO: Turkey vs. Sweden/Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    So much copium. I guess we can conclude the main reason the Turkish government is holding up Swedish entry into NATO is the violent Kurdish criminals Turkey is so concerned about failed to bribe the Turkish government for protection like the Kurdish Fox did, and Erdogan needs a scapegoat for his idiocracy.
    Did the Kurds, Arabs and Greeks and the gangs they formed victimize them? what a pity.

Our ancestors have a very nice saying: Don't knock on my door, they will knock on your door.

Quote Originally Posted by StarDreamer View Post
    The thing is, your continued taking up of Hungary is exactly the type of support Hungray is porviding Turkey on this issue. Another thing to deflect to, when you havea hard time to motivate why blackmailing another member to sell weapons while holding a new potetial member hostage is being a good ally. I said all I have to say on the Kurdish issue, arguing it in any way is as pointless as discussing Turkish and Greek issues.
    It's quite funny to accuse someone of deflecting when your entire argumentation depends on deflection which is embodied in this post of yours. None of what you said constitutes as an actual argument. They merely further validate what I've been pointing out.
    The Armenian Issue

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    It's quite funny to accuse someone of deflecting when your entire argumentation depends on deflection which is embodied in this post of yours. None of what you said constitutes as an actual argument. They merely further validate what I've been pointing out.
    Let me put this simpler for you.

Persuade Turkey to ratify -> both Hungary and Turkey ratifies.
    Persuade Hungary to ratify - Turkey still does not rafify ->back to pesruading Turkey to ratifiy.

Simple enough for you to get now?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

Let me put this simpler for you.
    Persuade Turkey to ratify -> both Hungary and Turkey ratifies.
    Persuade Hungary to ratify - Turkey still does not rafify ->back to pesruading Turkey to ratifiy.
    Simple enough for you to get now?
    The problem is not in my understanding of what you've been trying to say there repeatedly. The problem is with it not making any sense or validating any of your positions. Refusal acknowledge that simply plays into the kind of bias you're pushing here.
    The Armenian Issue

The problem is not in my understanding of what you've been trying to say there repeatedly. The problem is with it not making any sense or validating any of your positions. Refusal acknowledge that simply plays into the kind of bias you're pushing here.
    So you understand what I have to say, but you think that Hungary actually won't ratify Sweden's bid if Turkey is going to ratify? Or do you think Turkey's ratification would proceed if Hungary would ratify?

The problem with pushing on Hunfary in this issue is that the result would be negliable it it doesn't actually influence the Turkish position, while it is clear that the other way around actually will have results if successful.

I look at realities. I don't care about some Turkish Victimhood Olympics.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

So you understand what I have to say, but you think that Hungary actually won't ratify Sweden's bid if Turkey is going to ratify? Or do you think Turkey's ratification would proceed if Hungary would ratify?
    The problem with pushing on Hunfary in this issue is that the result would be negliable it it doesn't actually influence the Turkish position, while it is clear that the other way around actually will have results if successful.
    I look at realities. I don't care about some Turkish Victimhood Olympics.
    Brushing away realities to keep on an irrational and false narrative alive is not what looking at realities is. The question remains; what's Hungary asking for in return behind closed doors?
    The Armenian Issue

Brushing away realities to keep on an irrational and false narrative alive is not what looking at realities is. The question remains; what's Hungary asking for in return behind closed doors?
    What is the point of speculating? There is no indication of any demands even behind closed doors by Hungary all they have done is publicly tie their ratification to Turkey's.

What is the point of speculating? There is no indication of any demands even behind closed doors by Hungary all they have done is publicly tie their ratification to Turkey's.
    The pettiness of what you're speculating instead is quite insulting to Hungary, Hungarians and quite frankly everyone else.
    The Armenian Issue

Turkish parliament approves Sweden’s membership of Nato
    Vote leaves Hungary as only country still to ratify application made in response to Russian invasion of Ukraine
    Hungarian officials have in the past presented different narratives domestically about Sweden’s application, while insisting to western allies that Budapest would not be last to sign off.
    Also Hungary:

EU unlocks €10.2 billion of funding for Hungary before key summit
    The EU released €10.2 billion ($11 billion) of funding for Hungary on Wednesday, December 13, on the eve of a summit on support for Ukraine that Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban has threatened to derail.

The European Commission insisted Hungary had undertaken measures to improve the judiciary's independence, therefore meeting the requirements to access the money. EU officials have denied the latest move was to appease Orban.

Although the green light had been expected, it quickly sparked outrage, with EU lawmakers accusing the commission of giving in to Hungary's "blackmail." It is, however, far from clear that Brussels's gesture will avert a dispute between the EU leaders.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; January 23, 2024 at 03:39 PM.
    The Armenian Issue