Thread: Feedback about BC after stressful years of campaigns :p

Default Feedback about BC after stressful years of campaigns :p

Since when i first found about broken crescent, many years ago, i could barely believe that there was something this good, with a completely new unit roster, a new entertaining and beautiful campaign map, many scripts and building options. Now i cas safely say that BC is one of the best modification i ever played. First thing tho, i must adress the few aspects of this game that could not be entirely appreciated by everyone, so let me tell: i think heavy cavalry is a tad too powerful ( let's pick some random HC, askari nobles for example, they trump almost all infantry at the first charge ). Archers on the opposite are a bit too weak, they can only kill light troops. Spearmen in general have a very weak attack and they ain't even that good at killing cavalry as it is pointed out in the descriptions. 2 handed elites instead are killing machines that will stop at nothing in their quest to hack down as many enemies as possible, before being mobbed up so severely by superior numbers that they eventually fall... then there is the mongol invasion that magically spawns a ton of troops, each one with 0 upkeep cost, so that they can safely battle and conquer as much as they like, and even train more troops once they have some cities. Last time i played they won the game pretty fast, leaving me no other options than nerfing them down by giving their units some upkeep cost, so that they can't keep spamming new soldiers as much as they like it.

Anyway, wonderful modification, i think it is on the same tier as europa barbarorum, maybe even better in some aspects. I hope they modders keep their work up to date and improve the game as much as possible.
    Last edited by randy_cat; May 05, 2022 at 06:24 AM.

Default Re: Feedback about BC after stressful years of campaigns :p

BC is simply THE BEST mod for Medieval 2. I agree with you I love this mod, no other overhaul has this level of attention to geographical and historical detail. I've been playing this mod for more than a decade and I redownload medieval 2 from steam every now and then especially for it. I really like it because it depicts my home country of Iraq with fidelity and it's actually important in the game and not just fringe province. It has some issues but overall it's one of the best modding experiences. I just hope someone makes a new patch for it to bring it up to speed with some new concepts especially a new AOR system, or that someone makes Broken Crescent: Bannerlord.