Thread: Help Required Brown Textures when model and meshes imported to Total War Warhammer III

Default Help Required Brown Textures when model and meshes imported to Total War Warhammer III

Hi.

I'veen trying to use some models from Troy just for personal fun, and when did it for Total War Warhammer 2 it worked well but for the Total War Warhammer 3 have the next problem with the brown textures for the model, I think the game is not recognizing the textures, it was a while since I did it for the game 2 so I don't know if I'm missing something. I loaded the pack for the variant meshes in the game and added the variants in variants and units_variants table, don't know if I'm missing something else or what's the problem with the textures.

Can anyone help me pls?

This is how the models and textures are loaded:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14qh...opjTGSDzx/view
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 03, 2022 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Clean-up

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Help Required Brown Textures when model and meshes imported to Total War Warhammer III

In WH2, and probably Troy, CA is using textures in the format "diffuse", "gloss_map", "specular". For WH3 (and 3K), they have switched to "base_colour", "material_map".
    So
    1- the variant_mesh internal path to textures would no longer be valid
    2- The texture themselves have to be reworked to match the new format.

It maybe possible to still use old format, but then you need to put in your pack the olld variant_mesh and all the textures going with it.

Default Re: Help Required Brown Textures when model and meshes imported to Total War Warhammer III

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    In WH2, and probably Troy, CA is using textures in the format "diffuse", "gloss_map", "specular". For WH3 (and 3K), they have switched to "base_colour", "material_map".
    So
    1- the variant_mesh internal path to textures would no longer be valid
    2- The texture themselves have to be reworked to match the new format.

It maybe possible to still use old format, but then you need to put in your pack the olld variant_mesh and all the textures going with it.

Hi, thanks for the answer; sorry I'm quite a noob for all of this moding stuff, but how I do that rework to match to the new format?

Patrician Artifex

I'm not sure exactly since I did not try to port my old work from WH2 to WH3, and if an old model can be converted simply by changing the texture path to match the new system, or if you need further conversion.

Are you using wsmodel or rigidmodel?

I'm using wsmodels.

Patrician Artifex

There's some on going work by Ole on his AssetEditor, to make an "easy" conversion from Troy. He's looking for tester. Maybe try that.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

@emmoca

Hi and welcome to the Forums!

You're definitely lucky, because @Steph is one of the master modders here, so make sure to follow his advice
    I hope you'll find all the help you need and enjoy your stay with us

Cheers,
    G.S

Sure, sorry since is the first time I us the forums, how may reach Ole?
    Yep Steph gave me awesome support but since I'm quite a noob still don't know how to make the textures conversions, but I'll try to reach Ole, thanks for the welcome and the support
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 03, 2022 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Double posting

No problem. Not sure if he's still active, but you can find his editor here and you could certainly try to reach him by posting in his thread or by sending him a personal message (just left click on his username and choose private message).

Btw I just merged your posts for a cleaner thread, but after 25 posts you'll be able to edit your own, so to avoid double posting etc.

If you have more questions or need any help, don't hesitate to reach out to us
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 03, 2022 at 03:20 PM.

Patrician Artifex

This is a very old link

Try this one

You can actually get the newest release by using either link, since they're both connected to Github. You just need to select the latest tag