Thread: Cannons bug???

Default Cannons bug???

I have a problem with cannons. Normally, on campaign map when i highlights cannon unit, stats are showing correctly. For example 38. But during battle it is 150. Range is higher aswell. I tried many mods earlier and maybe thats the cause. So i uninstalled game completely, even i went to c:user\appdata\roaming\creativeassembly. Restarded computer, but problem still occurs in vanilla game.

Default Re: Cannons bug???

Is your unit a veteran? Does your general have any artillery perks? Those things wont show up in the campaign stats page but will take effect when you enter a battle.

Must be something that is affecting your stats as a buff. Never seen range increase that much though. Are you running DME?

Its vanilla. I uninstalled all mods, even game. Deleted all folders even these hidden. Started new game, picked sweden then poles and this bug is still there.

What stat is actually changing from 38 to 150? Doesn't sound like range, that would be much higher. is it firepower? Accuracy?

Firepower

You're fine then. No real bug or anything to worry about. There is no great explanation for the firepower stat (at least to my knowledge) but it basically decides damage to things other then units. It is based on the size of the gun and determines damage to things like ship hulls, fort walls, and buildings. It will always look low on the campaign map and then jump up in the game. Not sure why. Might be how the game engine decides things. As long as you're not noticing something like one roundshot taking out a ridiculous load of men then you're ok. At the end of the day that stat isn't a whole lot to worry about. You're fine to reinstall mods and get back to having fun.

Ok, thx for answer