Thread: Rebellions and Civil Wars in DLV

Default Rebellions and Civil Wars in DLV

I just recently started playing this mod, liking it alot, However there is one problem. How do you deal with the constant rebellions + civil wars that strike your nation in DLV?? I currently playing as Venice, everything was good until war w/ Byzantines as I conquered athens thessalonica + cornith and then force them to be my vassal via mass cash. i also bribe 2 cities in sicily for myself. But after the war I notice that my cities revolt almost every turn. I check the settlement details and says I have massive religious unrest. So i recruit mass priests in hopes to converting much my population into catholics, zapping mass heretics, taking control of the pope in the process due to the mass cardinals i have been getting. However, I still get massive rebellions even big Civil Wars!!! Some turns more than half my regions revolt, putting me into dark ages! Its kinda fun going through a Civil War, but it is not fun to go into a civil war almost every turn!!! any suggesstions in dealing with this problem??

Default Re: Rebellions and Civil Wars in DLV

Celphtitled

Sounds like a problem I hope happens in my campaign.. makes more of a challenge.....

I have had unrest.. but ,mine was due to a whole bunch of heretics entering my region.... they quickly will deteriate the religion in your region. I like it!

Default Re: Rebellions and Civil Wars in DLV

Quote Originally Posted by CelphTitled View Post
    I just recently started playing this mod, liking it alot, However there is one problem. How do you deal with the constant rebellions + civil wars that strike your nation in DLV?? I currently playing as Venice, everything was good until war w/ Byzantines as I conquered athens thessalonica + cornith and then force them to be my vassal via mass cash. i also bribe 2 cities in sicily for myself. But after the war I notice that my cities revolt almost every turn. I check the settlement details and says I have massive religious unrest. So i recruit mass priests in hopes to converting much my population into catholics, zapping mass heretics, taking control of the pope in the process due to the mass cardinals i have been getting. However, I still get massive rebellions even big Civil Wars!!! Some turns more than half my regions revolt, putting me into dark ages! Its kinda fun going through a Civil War, but it is not fun to go into a civil war almost every turn!!! any suggesstions in dealing with this problem??
    I send in the priests ahead of the army or at least with the army. This is another of those slow-down-the-campaign-so-you-can't-blitzkrieg the map features. Otherwise the unrest can get ahead of your converting and boom, town in revolt. Cheers! dd