Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contributions, Fixes, Additions, Sub-Mods

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Contributions and User Modifications

Truly the limitations of this game are frustrating!

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Greetings,

this little tga-file does nothing else but add a ford west of Frankfurt.
    That units had to take a long way around the forests to the ford further west and lose more than one turn by doing so had bugged me since the first time I played the Holy Roman Empire.
    There was a ford directly south of Frankfurt, but you couldn't pass it since it was overgrown by impassable forest, so I took it out in a sense of order.

Just unpack the file to ..\Medieval II Total War\The_Long_Road\data\world\maps\base, delete the map.rwm in the same folder and you're set.

-Der Ketzerfreund.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Now, that is a great idea, a little retouching of the map.... maybe..... you would like to have a broader look at it and add some more useful little additions!!!!

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    -:-
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

Dominion of the Sword / The Long Road GFX designer / Zuma Team member.
    TLRaced GFX add on for TLR2.0
    www.andresgogo.com

Do you have anything particular in mind?

-Der Ketzerfreund.

I always wanted more choke points so forts might actually have a use

Check out my new info cards project for TLR.
    And my tutorialon how to make them.

I'll see what else I can accomplish in polishing the map during the next week; I'll have plenty of time then.
    This little modification of the map up there is the first thing I've ever done regarding map editing.

However, as far as I can see, map editing is not too hard of a thing to learn...

-Der Ketzerfreund.

good !!! welcome to TLR!!!!!!!

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

www.andresgogo.com

If anyone is interested, I've added several of the new Hospitaller, Templar and Teutonic units to their related guildhall.
    You'll have to use TLR, have Kingdoms installed, and copy over some meshes and textures and such from Kingdoms, and do some very slight modding aswell.

Any takers?

Edit: View this as a modders resource instead. I've done the work of moving the units into the mod, and I've done the playtesting to know that it works out, but you would have to do quite a bit of work yourself (moving quite a few files, and renaming a few) to get it to work.
    The files are free for anyone to use, and are attached in a post below.
    Last edited by Banjeeboy; September 21, 2007 at 06:26 AM.

sounds great....

But a version of TLR for kingdoms is going to take some time ..... but be sure we will come back to additions like this one!!!!

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

www.andresgogo.com

do you need kingdoms installed?? using the correct models/ textures/ model db file and all that would work anyway wouldnt it...?

Check out my new info cards project for TLR.
    And my tutorialon how to make them.

It runs from the non-kingdoms .exe, and the TLR mod 2.0
    You obviously need Kingdoms for the textures and such, but it was intented as a small addon for the current TLR version.

Banjeeboy I would like to have them. I was thinking about sinking my teeth into moding this mod further and that is where I was going to start. If you could post them with instructions it would be appreciated.

HC

I would gladly do it, but it seems like I canīt attach any files to the post. (or at least not figure out how to do it)
    Do I need to make more posts before it's possible?

Edit: Note to self; look closer before you post.
    Last edited by Banjeeboy; September 20, 2007 at 10:22 AM.

The first four go into the the_long_road/data
    export_units go into the_long_road/data/text
    battle_models should be unzipped into the_long_road/data/unit_models

You also have to unpack Kingdoms and copy meshes, textures and unit sprites from the original folders into the TLR folders.

The battle_models file should tell you where to look for them.

Teutonic & Clergymen files are from the Teutonic campaign,
    Hospitaller and Templar files are from the crusade campaign.
    Gotland Footmen (sorry, should have removed them) are from the British campaign.

Also, you need to copy stuff from the /the long road/data/ui/units and /the long road/data/ui/unit_info directories.

Teutonic stuff should be moved from /teutonic into /hre, clergymen should be moved from /teutonic into /merc.

Hospitaller stuff should be taken from /antioch into /merc, Templar stuff should go from /jerusalem to /merc aswell.

I've realized this rates about 1/10 on a scale of user friendlyness, but my hands are tied due to the Kingdom stuff being copyrighted.

Hope it works out, and feel free to ask me if it doesn't.

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

by new MOD is MONGOLS playable ?

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Well I tried to make the modification Banjeeboy, I finally broke thru the bugs that wouldnt let it start. No I cant get passed the bugs that make it crash when going into battle. The log just says that there is an unspecified error and will close. Im figuring it is some where in the copy meshes, textures and unit sprites. Im also having trouble getting a few units to show up in the custom battle roster. They show up as peasants. The hospitaller 2handers, Hocmiester Retinue, and a few others. Of course it wont load the battle either so I cant see if anything at all is working.

Also the Templars and hospitallers are not for everyone are they? Or did you make them availible to HRE, Spain, Portugal? Not sure if this helps Im going to get some dinner and try again. These changes would be cool to have. I may reinstall the game as my TW folder is getting cluttered with all the mods Ive downloaded and looked at. Though I know the game was working before I started trying to mod it.

Thanks for any help.

HC
    Last edited by Americanus Supremus; September 20, 2007 at 07:16 PM.

I tried again and this time I just focused on the HRE units. Removed the Templars and Hospitalers and gave it another go. But was able to get no where. Still wasnt able to get the missing units to show up in custom battle screen, the Hochmiester Retinue. It still shows up as a peasant card I have the UI units and unit info copied over correctly. All the other units show up. So I tried a custom battle with the ones that show up and it crashes while loading and gives that same log error message. Then I tried a custom battle without those units and it worked so I know its something Ive done with those new units. Im not sure why I cant get it to work. Any suggestions?

Why cant you include the ui and textures etc.??? I have kingdoms.
    Anyway thanks for your help.

HC

My apologies.
    The Hochmeister retinue, and Hospitaller Twohanders uses the unit cards of Late Teutonic Bodyguard, and Canons of the Holy Sepulcher, so you need to copy those unit cards (both from /units and /unit_info), and rename them into Hochmeister_Retinue, and Hospitaller_Twohander. That should solve the "show up as peasants" problem.

Templars and Hospitallers are only for the non-HRE/Spain/Portugal factions. Grandmaster retinue as an example, is only buildable in the HQ Guildhall, but all units should be visible in custom battles.

Just reinstalling the mod, or using those files from the mod should solve every problem, no need to reinstall the whole game.

I had those crashes to desktop a lot when I was adding these units, but I managed to get rid of it after about 20 hours of testing, thats why I posted them here

My guess why it crashes for you is because you might have done some copying/pasting in the battle_models file, and missed out a space, or some line perhaps... compare your battle_models to the one I attached, just in case.

As much as I would like to attach a complete user-contribution package, with complete directories, I donīt think the company would let me. CA would probably hunt me down if I "gave away" Kingdoms units on a forum, correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, good luck... it should be working with those files + the Kingdoms files, but it's very easy to make mistakes and put things in the wrong places.
    It surely doesnīt make things easier that I forgot to tell you about changes you had to do
    I'll take another look and see if I forgot something else.

Well I changed the names of those files and still the game is crashing. I did not mod the battle_models so Im not sure what I could have messed up. The peasants pictures are gone, there is missing text for one of the units now, The Hochmeister Retinue says unlocalized placement text were the unit description should be in custom battle roster. Imtesting the units one by one now. Im currently stilltesting out which ones work and which ones dont. Ive tested all of the HRE new Units and the only ones not working are the Mounted Versions of the Halbbruder and Ritterbruder. Think it may have something to do with the mounts? Im going to keep trying and I ll let you know the progress with the remaining units. Any more suggestions. Do I need anything from the models_strat file?

Maybe you can just send me the files? Not sure what the legal issues are cause we seem to be posting whole games on different sites. If someone in the know could shed some light on this, it would be appreciated. If you can think of anything else let me know. Thanks for your help.

HC
    Last edited by Americanus Supremus; September 20, 2007 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan Saigon View Post
    here is my changes

Milan is replaced by Republic of Genoa
    Corrected some middle eastern bloodline (ages etc.)
    Great Seljuk Empire (abbassid caliphate) is now really great. traitors of the rum will be worried more than ever
    Grand Viz AI 1.5 combined with AD AI and some parts made by me. AI will organize lasting power blocks campaign will be slower because of the new reputation system. It causes faster gameplay because all of the rebel settlements will be conquered around 1250 or later. (CPU is expanding slowly)
    Money script for the CPU is deleted garrison script added for capitals and holy land targets.
    Scottish will now likely be allied with French to give English some punishment. But the britons will find their allies too (they'll likely to be holy ) Papal states will conquer 2 or 3 more territories then pope feels it's enough.
    Hospitaller HQ in Rhodes at the start. Also venice and genoa has merchant guilds. Affectionate princesses are less likely all around the old world. Tweaked AI personality, i.e. Great Seljuks will make their army made of superb horsemen of their former steppe culture.

Descr regions file makes armenian territories orthodox mostly (%80) and the steppes are more pagan . you have to delete your map.rwm file before starting a new game.

Mercenary guild building times decreased 4 times and gives happines bonus & law penalty( first two building time is 1 turn 3rd 2 turns and the last 3 turns because I feel it is more realistic)

Sorry, I am new to here. I was wanting to know where you put these files in the folder system?

Also wanted to know if these files are same as the first post or more of an addon or cumulative.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast