Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Renaissance: Total War General Discussion and Main Download Link

Bornstein's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Renaissance: Total War General Discussion and Main Download Link

Check the download link. For me, it is dead.

EDIT: OK, after several times of retrying, I got it to start downloading. Maybe it was difficult for me because it is not hosted on a North American server.
    Last edited by Bornstein; August 14, 2008 at 10:01 PM.

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Maybe it is so; I'm glad you could finally grab it.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Sometimes the download can be tricky for unknown reasons,but you will find that it is well worth it to experience the power and the passion of the age of black powder warfare

Leeham991's Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Is America present in this mod?
    I like pie.

Nothing new concerning the Americas; what there is in M2TW, there is here.
    However, since both TheLizardKing and I are inclined to have America as a more interesting, larger place in the mod, there are plans for it for the future.

Helo,
    I don't know if anyone works on this mod any longer or if someone already wrote this but the "Duchy of Prussia", following state of the Teutonic ORder, was created in 1525.that is not soo far away from this Mod Beginning.Maybe there could be a chance for that faction?ANd also Poland-Lithuania?
    Greetz

Umm what does this mod actually include besides stuff on the OP? I looked at the screen shots thread and I couldn't really see much change in units. Also will it work with M2 gold in it's current version?

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida Espaņa, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

hi there, im new to this mod site and hapy i finally found a renassiance mod to play, i just have a few questions before i install it

1.does this mod interfere with kingdoms?
    2.can you recruit gunpowder units at the beggining, sich as arquabusiers (spelling?) and musketeers?
    3.is spain corectly potrayed as the dominant power of the time? including its tercio units? (or will this be included later)

thanks you!!

@Beagle74
    Unfortunately, there has been no new public version created in the last 2+ years, as due to the lack of people in the artistic department, the mod started a slow decay and is now a semi-dead status.
    Here is a review outlining the things to love in the mod, though.
    @boche
    Hi!
    1. Unfortunately, the mod is not converted to Kingdoms (still, you can play it using vanilla M2TW).
    2. Yep, there are gunpowder units at the beginning.
    3. Not much has been changed on the map, so Spain isn't the domintaing power it was in reality. However, if we'll ever pick up this project again, it'll sure be .

aww 2 bad this is not ongoing :S it looks like it has true potential and is bsed on one of my favourite times and is an eqoque ive wanted to play for ages well still. thanks!! gl!

Quote Originally Posted by DrIstvaan View Post
    @Beagle74
    Unfortunately, there has been no new public version created in the last 2+ years, as due to the lack of people in the artistic department, the mod started a slow decay and is now a semi-dead status.
    Here is a review outlining the things to love in the mod, though.
    That's a shame. Well I'll give it a download and hope it works.

How about creating a new team and get this mod alive again?I'd be in. How's with me?

Well, I'd sure be glad to continue the project!
    From your signature, I presume you're good at history. If that's so, I could definitely use your help, as I need input on which settlements to keep as castles, as written here. Or did you mean some other type of help?
    Anyway, I presume you know how to join a mod's user group. If you join, I'll aadmit you into the group.

I'd also like to know which of the old members see the point in continuing the project.

if you need a spain researcher you can always send me a PM and ask me what you need if you decide to continue

I would defenetly do a lot of research.Because this era is one of my favorites!I'd even do a new map for this mod, it sucks too much with the Vanilla-version.
    So I'd join the team and re-life this mod!

@boche
    Member Eduorix has made a nice overview for us a while back; if you wish, I can relay it to you and your could check if there is something that you could add.
    @Marv933
    Then join our user group and I'll admit you into the team.

Okay, I requested joinment. lol
    could u send me your Windows Live Messenger adresse if u got one?Would be great!

Hey everybody, I finaly joined this modding-team (I hope some others will follow me) and I already started on a faction list.
    And me and DrIstvaan decided to start the mod in 1526.End will be propably 1600.
    Well as I started on the faction list, I did the faction symbols paralel, will post some soon.

Indeed, we're now aiming to create this mod anew; we'll be sure to keep you informed about our progress from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIstvaan View Post
    @boche
    Member Eduorix has made a nice overview for us a while back; if you wish, I can relay it to you and your could check if there is something that you could add.
    @Marv933
    Then join our user group and I'll admit you into the team.
    sure, you can always PM me with any questions and if you could pass me a link of what you have so far ill be glad to read over it! thanks!