Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Renaissance: Total War General Discussion and Main Download Link

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Renaissance: Total War General Discussion and Main Download Link

Yes, there's only a limited variety of units, for example...
    But it isn't really about what it's "missing", as it IS playable as it is, and (aside from a crappy BAI) it's also enjoyable, but about how much more 3.0'll be.
    So, if you haven't yet, go on and try it, you don't have anything to lose.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

I think that Your team should coparate with this team: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=644

They make mod in that same period - 16th century, and they have some new models of units.

Tried that, but Rydwan wasn't very eager to cooperate with us, stating he has too much to do already, but if we'll have really no other means, we can use some of his models.

Watercress's Avatar Praeses
    Her Majesty's Extraterrestrial Possessions

I'm installing, but it says Cannot open/create C:/Program Files/SEGA/Medieval II Total War/Renaissance.bat file!

"Only Connect!...Only connect the prose and the passion, and both will be exalted, and human love will be seen at its height. Live in fragments no longer."

When does exactly this message appear? When you've installed the mod, and try to run it? Or yet when you're installing?

Watercress's Avatar Praeses
    Her Majesty's Extraterrestrial Possessions

When im Installing.

"Only Connect!...Only connect the prose and the passion, and both will be exalted, and human love will be seen at its height. Live in fragments no longer."

Is C:/Program Files/SEGA/Medieval II Total War your M2TW installation directory?
    Anyway, check if that directory is not write-protected.

Hey all!
    Even though 3.0 is far away, I'm planning a new, in-between version that will fix a couple of things.
    But even before that, I'm giving in this post a fix for the age-old Venetian heavy infantry bug. Just extract this file into Renaissance\data\unit_models.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; April 24, 2008 at 02:00 PM.

i think i will wait for 3.0 as im having problems with 2.75.

i think its cos ive got M2TW Gold, and windows Vista
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

:hmmm: I've heard it earlier that Vista causes problems when using mods.

3.0 worked for me on Vista.

When I install 2.75 (I have MTW II 1.3), will this conflict with other mods? Right now I have BC and Darthmod and these work together. But installation instruction said something about copying files in the main folder, will this affect other mods?

thx
    Patronised by Voltaire le Philosophe

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Orochimaru & Aizen you must Die!! Bankai Dattebayo!!

It won't conflict with other mods; it has its own mod folder.
    Only thing you should pay special attention to is that it goes into the main M2TW folder, and NOT into a \Renaissance 2.75 subfolder (for some reason, the installer wants to put it there).
    As for copying, you don't have to do that anymore, as the Teutonic units are removed from the mod.
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; June 10, 2008 at 06:46 AM.

Hi Dristvaan,

I tried to install Ren. Total War into the main Sega directory which already has Stainless Steel in it and it DIDN'T work.

Any reason why, since it should create its' own folder?

BTW, an error message showed that the .bat file couldn't open
    hellas1

P.S. Maybe I need to run it as an admin?

Update: It ran when I ran the program as an admin!
    + Rep for you!
    Thanks for the mod RTW Team!
    hellas1
    Last edited by hellas1; June 23, 2008 at 09:10 PM.

Hi DrIstvaan,

How is version 3.0 coming along?

I'm dyin' to see more great stuff.
    hellas1

Waiting...............
    Last edited by hellas1; June 23, 2008 at 09:14 PM.

I'm happy you could get it to work.
    3.0 is unfortunately far, far away, as we only have DieDiskusWerfer to do all the art work (modelling and skinning). There are too few modellers on TWC, and any other modellers (who don't know what M2TW is like) aren't that eager to do it for us...
    But, I can promise, once it's ready, it will be ground-shaking, if I may say so!
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; June 24, 2008 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Expansion

Romanos IV's Avatar The 120th Article, § 4
    the hell outta here (Athens, European Client State of Greece)

Do you need researcher for 3.0? I'd love to be one!
    Under the noble patronage of Jimkatalanos

We have a lot of research complete, thanks to various (former and still actual) members; right now, we'd need someone to do modelling/skinning to put all the units researched into the game.
    But, feel free to browse through our threads for specific factions, they are all stickies. If you think you can contribute with something (addition, correction, such things), do so and then I can make you a member of the team (we're not that many anymore anyway...)
    By the way, what would your area of expertise be?

ummm off topic but isnt agronak gro malog an arena champion in elder scrolls 4????
    Energy = Mass * Charge squared

Yes, he is; the team member got his name from there.