Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Renaissance: Total War General Discussion and Main Download Link

Default Re: Renaissance: Total War General Discussion and Main Download Link

Yes the patch will mess with the export and descr files.

But I doubt it will mess with anything that is significant in the descr_strat.

Even if it does, there is nothing BIG that it will change in the descr_strat that we couldn't change ourselves.

So for example, justme is the one editing the descr_strat, he will make a back up of the one he is currently working on, then install the second patch, then put his descr_strat back in place... thus overwriting the patched descr_strat.
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

Quote Originally Posted by DrIstvaan View Post
    Only two thing I have to add are 1)that the installer will ALWAYS point at the default directory, .
    I dont know which install creator you use
    but with the Clickteam InstallCreator which I used you can get it to check the registry just enter this information in each catagory
    • Root Key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    • Key : SOFTWARE\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    • SubKey : AppPath
    Then if some one has installed in a different location it will automatically select the correct location
    that should sort out a lot of install issues

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Thanks sb2ean, I know that program, and this feature too, but I prefer CreateInstall Free, as it has more customizability.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Well, that's good to know, and most surely calming to Justme. I haven't read through all the items in the list, and thought it tampers with campaign things.
    On the other hand, RTR Fan will probably need to recreate his EDU changes (because the patch DOES mess with that file).
    Also, I will have to recreate my changes to the diplomatic system and the agent effectiveness, but that isn't much of a problem.
    I AM actually making changes to the EDU

And Serious Samurai has been making changes to the EDU

And RTR Fan has prolly made some changes (albeit small) to the EDU

And I am messing with the EDB, the ED-Guilds, various text files, the descr_events, etc, etc, etc...

The second patch for MTW2 may become a nightmare, not because it will overwrite anything I've done (I've kept multiple copies, but in any case it's all in a mod-folder), but I shudder at the thought of having to merge the changes of patch 1.02 into my files

That's what I'm afraid of... BTW, what files are you modifying? I'm doing changes to descr_diplomacy, descr_campaign_db, descr_settlement_mechanics and EDTC.

That's what I'm afraid of... BTW, what files are you modifying? I'm doing changes to descr_diplomacy, descr_campaign_db, descr_settlement_mechanics and EDTC.
    I can't give you a precise list, but those files you're modifying aren't in it...

don't worry

OK, just wanted to make sure there aren't any interferences that would cause collisions in the modding process.

Hi DrIstvaan, I would be very grateful if you could give me a little help.

I installed Renaissance mod, but when entering any kind of battle (both custom and campaign ones) the texture of the Teutonic faction aren't loaded, and I get a quicksilver surface of any of their units.
    This happens both if I launch the mod by MedManager and by Renaissance.bat.
    Could you give me a direction on how to correct the problem?:hmmm:

Thank you, mate!

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

See this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=81833

If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of us.

Oh, and welcome to TWC! I hope that you will have a great time here.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Well, that's it. RTR Fan has answered the question.
    @RTR Fan
    Maybe he's asked me because there's Technical Support after my name in the team.

hi could u give me a link to all the downloads, and does 2.75 require al of the previous versions to be installed???????????????

Eh, poor Agronak. He's been banned for being under the age of 13, as a precaution. The suspension is (in theory) in effect until 26 May, but I suspect it is not sure that will be the final date...
    Seems we have to go on without him for some time. It's interesting that despite the ban he could start a topic regarding his suspension... But maybe that's because members can write posts concerning their ban? I don't know for sure how it works...
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; April 14, 2007 at 07:17 AM.

Eh, poor Agronak. He's been banned for being under the age of 13, as a precaution. The suspension is (in theory) in effect until 26 May, but I suspect it is not sure that will be the final date...
    Seems we have to go on without him for some time. It's interesting that despite the ban he could start a topic regarding his suspension... But maybe that's because members can write posts concerning their ban? I don't know for sure how it works...
    are you serious or is it April fool's day again???????????? :-O when, where, how???????????????? point me to the suspension thread please

Just look at his name or his profile.
    And here's a thread... http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93242

Just look at his name or his profile.
    And here's a thread... http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93242
    this is completely crazy man... I really can't believe this legal *****

WTF! The mods really have lost it this time, time for a protest methinks.

+EDIT+ My sig says it all really +EDIT+
    Last edited by Serious Spamurai; April 14, 2007 at 09:05 AM.

Well, well. They aren't crazy; what they do is completely understandable. Allowing members of less-than-13 years is a dangerous thing; it is kind of a violation of laws. So, what they have done is quite normal, legally speaking; that's an other question if it was reasonable personally.
    Anyway, I don't think we should protest; there MUST be a more peaceful way. With a protest, only we could lose.

I wasn't suggesting a spampage or anything like that as a way of protesting. I was suggesting something peaceful, as you said. Although what we could do I don't know.

Hmmm. What can we do? The problem is, we can't speak for Agronak or anyone else affected by this, as (as far as I know) American law states that no one under the age of 13 can be asked for personal information, and this then inhibits registration to forums on your own. But maybe you know more about that.
    That means, what they have done is precaution, and nothing can be done about it. If they allow younger members to keep participating, they go against law, which is quite dangerous. So we can only hope that the staff can come up with an "in-between" solution.

well, at least he'll be back in a month.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast