Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Renaissance: Total War General Discussion and Main Download Link

Default Renaissance: Total War General Discussion and Main Download Link

OK, new location for the mod, you can get it here (by courtesy of Condottiere Giovanni d' Medici)
    Also, by the same Condottiere, here's an enchantment mod for Renaissance 2.75. Be sure to get it, too, it's really neat and totally cool!

----Older infos---

Second Update: I've made a simple add on for renaissance 2.75, what it does is makes elephants, and elephant rocketeers recruitable for timurids in campaign.
    This is optional, not a patch or fix, it's only for people who want to have elephants in their campaigns.
    To install, download the file from here...
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1206
    And extract the file to your mtw2/ renaissance/ data folder.
    Overwrite the current export_descr_buildings file.
    Make a back up copy first of course.

Update: I've uploaded an economy quickfix to compensate for the extra-high upkeep costs found in Renaissance. It is available here... http://dristvaan.extra.hu/DrIstvaan's Economy Quickfix for Renaissance 2.75.zip

Renaissance Total War 2.75

Features

-60+ new regions
    -New Faction: Teutonic Order
    -Darth Formations
    -Darth Campaign AI
    -The mod starts at 1493
    -Remade factions starting positions to be accurate for the time period
    -Timurids and Mongols fully playable without their invasion event.
    -Late era units( halberdiers, arquebusiers) available straight from the start
    -Disabled militia and outdated units
    -Renamed some units to match with the time period
    -Renamed the following factions:

Mongols: The Golden Horde
    Timurids: The Timurid Empire
    Egypt: The Mameluke Sultanate
    Turks: The Ottoman Empire
    Spain: The Kingdom Of Castille/Aragon
    Russia: The Principality Of Muscovy

-Dismounted Gothic Knights recruitable in the campaign.
    -Disabled rebelling characters.
    -Increased happiness in cities.
    -Settlements are well-developed.
    -Increased population levels.

INSTALLATION:

1)Just point your installer to your main MTWII directory, it will do the rest.
    2)Copy and paste your unit_models and banners folder found on your Renaissance folder on your main data folder.
    This will make Teutonic Units and banners visible.

Download here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1156

Have fun with Renaissance: Total War!!!
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; April 17, 2010 at 04:02 AM. Reason: edit
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Default Re: Renaissance: Total War General Discussion

I deleted a lot of posts to clean this thread. Bugs should go to the newly made Bug Report thread and Suggestions to the Suggestions thread I'm putting on now. This thread should be used for general discussion.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Default Re: Renaissance: Total War General Discussion

i was wondering before trying a fresh install, what diplomacy mod are you guys using? i posted an error below, in a thread titled 2.7 bug, and i might have to do with the fact that i installed some files from ultimate AI mod.

Keeper of the FAITH

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Renaissance: Total War General Discussion and Main Download Link

Dunno, but I don't think that may cause the problem... Anyway, DarthMod is included, which comes with a diplomacy pack.

oh ok, then i sholdnt have to edit any diplomacy then. sorry ive been making posts on 2 threads. ill just install 2.75 and see if it goes alright. thanks for everything

Keeper of the FAITH

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1109
    Here is the link to the newest Darth diplomacy pack.

thanks for the link. well, the problem with the french file persists, so i guess its a corrupt file. im just gonna start over. it seems that the bug is occuring in the 1520's im just gonna go ahead and delete my old files and start anew, hopefully it will work.
    also, the custom music dosent work
    Last edited by jw1089; February 11, 2007 at 06:13 PM.

Keeper of the FAITH

Of course it won't work, as Ramtha hasn't provided it, he just thought he had (but it had a size of 300+ MBs).
    And as for the CTD, I hope sarting a new game will solve the problem... Because if not, there's a good chance it's your M2TW itself is corrupted in some way, and you'll need a clean install, or that M2TW's innate instability causes your trouble.
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; February 12, 2007 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Addition of info

alright, thanks for everything. is there any way i can get that music for myself? either in dl form, or if ramtha could just tell me what tracks are being used and where they came from?

Keeper of the FAITH

No way... Ramtha has been missing for more than a week now, so I doubt he could tell you anything. Also, he hasn't uploaded the music pack he used.
    Last edited by Soulghast; February 15, 2007 at 09:30 AM.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

I am back, my computer had crashed for a while, I just recently got it fixed by my brother in law.

I wanted to thank the renaissance team for keeping the mod alive and advancing it without me, as you all might of thought I had bailed out intentionally.

Thank you guys. And awesome work!

As for the music pack, when I released 2.2, or possibly 2.7 it was, I soon found out the music did not work.

So as soon as I have time, possibly today, I will release the music mod add on for the mod.

The thing is, it will need to be installed in your main mtw2 data folder, that is the only way it will be compatible, I think.

Semisalis

I am probably just stupid but I can't get this mod to work. It sounds really interesting to play but for some reason I can't get it to work. Does it work with 1.1? Otherwise I think I need a guide which explains the installlation much more basic. Sorry for bothering

K all you have to do is download the mod installer from the link there.

Once you download the installer, run the file(installer).

Once you get to the part of the installation that asks you what directory you want the mod to go, it should already be set up for you, I believe it will look like this...
    C:/Program Files/Sega/Medieval II Total War

If it does not look like the above, then click browse and find select your mtw2 folder, and it will make it look like this...
    C:/Program Files/Sega/Medieval II Total War
    (The above same thing)

Then run the installation.
    Once finished you will run the mod by double clicking the file...
    Renaissance.bat

Now you also might want to copy the models_unit folder from the renaissance/data folder, into your main mtw2/data directory, but make a back-up copy first.

This will make your teutonic units visible in battle.

If you do not have your models_unit folder unpacked already in your main mtw2 data directory, then do so, otherwise you can't see the teutonic units.

Not having your models_unit folder unpacked won't cause any problems or ctds, it just won't let you see the teutonic units.

Only two thing I have to add are 1)that the installer will ALWAYS point at the default directory, and it isn't sure everybody has M2TW installed there (p.e. I don't); and 2)that when you select the install directory, it will add something like "Renaissance Mod" at the end. Remove that, or else the mod will not work. After install, it creates a shortcut at the desktop. Beware, though, as the original settings are somewhat high, thus if you have a not-so-top computer, you should lower graphic settings at least a bit.

It seems release of the 2nd patch for the game is drawing VERY near, you can check the features list at http://www.totalwarblog.com. This means two things...
    -Hallelujah, the so really waited patch is here.
    -Players will have to choose between mods (including Renaissance) and the new patch, and modders will have to re-create their work, because as I see, the changes affect many files, used by modders.

I suggest we convert renaissance to the second patch, and start the work over for later releases.

If you guys remember what happened to rome total realism, they originally made theirs for rtw 1.2, then when 1.5 came out, they had to convert the entire thing.

You never know how many more patches will be coming out for mtw2, there could be up to three more for it after the second patch.

I recommend making future renaissance updates using the second patch.

Yes, that's what I'm suggesting as well, as then players could play this mod with 1.02. But that means that p.e. Justme will most surely have to recreate almost all his work, but first wait till a patch-friendly version of sb2ean's excellent map comes out (if that will be neccessary).

Quote Originally Posted by DrIstvaan View Post
    But that means that p.e. Justme will most surely have to recreate almost all his work
    AAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[you can see that I'm not so thrilled about the new patch ]

Actually, he doesn't have to redo his campaign work.

If what he's editing is the descr_strat, then he does not have to redo anything.

The files the patch will edit over, is the edu, possibly the animations (two hand bug fix), and many more.

There is nothing in the descr_strat that the patch will edit over - that we can't edit ourselves.

Well, that's good to know, and most surely calming to Justme. I haven't read through all the items in the list, and thought it tampers with campaign things.
    On the other hand, RTR Fan will probably need to recreate his EDU changes (because the patch DOES mess with that file).
    Also, I will have to recreate my changes to the diplomatic system and the agent effectiveness, but that isn't much of a problem.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast