Thread: HRE must be printing money! :)

Papal_Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Default HRE must be printing money! :)

anyone else have the HRE as the run-away number 1 financial faction? I have been number 2 as France since the game got out of the early stages (turn 25+), but HRE has been number one forever.

not only that, but with 45,000 florins I'm number 2 with a range of 6% to 20% of the HRE wealth! these guys must be printing money!!

Tuitio Fidei et Obsequium Pauperum

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Default Re: HRE must be printing money! :)

Egypt usually becomes the richest in my games with the HRE as the military powerhouse. Of course, most of their forces are nothing but hordes of militia units anyway so its not like it matters.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

They'll be getting quite a bit of cash from the money script if they have lots of settlements.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Wolfgrin's Avatar Semisalis

Interesting, because in my two campaigns in LtC 2.1, the HRE was extinct by turn 50 -- BOTH times. Everybody dogpiles them. Money can't buy you love, it seems.

What's cool in my current game as the English (VH/VH) is that Venice is the runaway leader. Never seen that in any campaign, except when I play Venice.

In my Hungarian campaign HRE is being owned, most of europe are my allies ecept the danes who are my main enemy at the moment, and most of europe is killing each other. Egypt is the leader in terms of military might and territory. Venice is the richest(and paying me a large tribute (10000) a turn for 10 turns for military assistance against Denmark + Military access and a tribute of 2000 for ten turns) and Denmark is the second most powerful militarily. I gave HRE Nicosia after tearing it to peices when the Byzantines killed my 30 year old, full dread + command faction leader with a catapult when he was charging them.

Luckily the Danes don't have that many catapults or even that many archers, mostly Dism. Huscarls, Norse war clerics and sword staff millitia. I just form a big block of halberd militia and wait, when the enemy charge me I get them from behind with my hussars.

Papal_Knight's Avatar Biarchus

seems like everyone is getting different results. and I think that is great, frankly. makes things less predictable over multiple campaigns.

Tuitio Fidei et Obsequium Pauperum

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

HRE sucks. Especially, if you have cities only - they dont have any good infantry/cavalry to recruit. Unlike France. Anyway, is it possible for me to change that? Im using 2.1.

What drug are you on? The HRE has one of the best unit selection in this game.

For zhe reich!

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Yes but again, they dont have many, choices to choose from. Is there anyway, I can add units into Cities?

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

I found that when playing the Holy Roman Empire i was getting ALOT of money, but if anything i was loosing settlements. By about 20-30 turns in i had 160,000+ money and it was still rising.
    Didnt have to worry about cash and could pretty much buy wotever i wanted, so i could easily regain my lost settlements and take my revenge on Milan.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

HRE has plenty of decent units:

Zweihanders, Forlorn Hope, Dismounted Imperial knights, Dismounted Gothic Knights, Halberd Militia.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

HRE is strong especialy when allied with France but in my campain Milan KickAss of both of them (milan have only four city).Byzant now attack HRE ,Venice is a vassal of Byzant.All muslim faction attack me (England for 20 times).WWW.When i was looked (cheated) on map HRE got more than 12 full stacks but Milan had 10 star general and he destroy most of invading armies.I'm praying to the gods that nobody backstab me because i will fight on two fronts and my fortress (two ) can't produce enough troops (too many city only for supporting armies).I have lot of fun.Only thing that keep me alive are my merchants (five of them )