Thread: Lsd

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Default Lsd

[I would like to remind people to take any discussion about legalization to the Political Mudpit. This thread should be used for discussion about the exact facts of LSD use and/or the video linked here, without reference to what actions should be taken as consequences. Also, please don't encourage illegal drug use. Thank you. —Simetrical]

Notice: I am in no way propagating the use of LSD or any other drug.

Now that that's out of the way, I just found this video and I found it really interesting. In some ways it can be good, in many ways it can be bad. I found the section about the CIA using it as a psychological experiment to be fascinating

Thoughts? (it's kind of long, but I don't think it should matter)
    Last edited by Simetrical; January 31, 2007 at 10:26 PM.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Default Re: Lsd

I agree 100% with Huxley. I'm really interested to read his book, Doors of Perception.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    I agree 100% with Huxley. I'm really interested to read his book, Doors of Perception.
    After that I would suggest you start listening to The Doors. It's like being on LSD, without having to take the drug.

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Quote Originally Posted by Livia View Post
    After that I would suggest you start listening to The Doors. It's like being on LSD, without having to take the drug.
    erm im not from mars, i've listened to the Doors plenty, I would however argue Pink Floyd is much better for the job.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

R~Tricky's Avatar Libertus
    Cheltenham (nice) and B'Ham (the original ***t hole)...(@uni.) England

just to be on the safe side... dont take drugs, drugs are bad.mmcaay
    dunno, dont really trust the stuff, i know two guys who ended up (completely seperately) in 'intensve care', my brief experiences with acid have been mixed, not bad, but not comfortable; bit like Special K in a way... the thing is tho, the two i knew were already clumbsy and probable to do something of these sorts anyway. As with ecstacy some people are pre-determined to get screwed over, I would venture to say that the proportions of deaths are usually the same as with the general population (i.e. the suicide rate for users of a particular drug will be the same as or lower than the gen. populace's average)
    Personally i think that anything that doesn't effect anyone else, the gov. shouldn't have any thing to do with (like seat-belts and cycle helmets for example!) and i cant believe people still get prison sentences in the US for weed related offences, its possible the most harmless 'drug' in the world (weed doesn't even touch alchohol, when it comes to related crimes!).
    joking aside I've had my fun, so i'm not promoting usage; just voicing my liberal opinion...
    btw.. how many ad breaks do you have on US Tv? seems like the programme would have been a good 1.5hrs inc. breaks