Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Quote Originally Posted by OFFCIALLY SWAG View Post
    is there a gameplay reason as to why ozu cale and oleski cant have roads built. it stiffles expansions quite a bit when you need to traverse the entire region over multiple turns to get to the target
    Nope. This sounds like a bug. They should have roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidra View Post
    Great mod, currently fighting back against the Ottomans as Byzantium, and I'm managing a counter-attack from the Morea.

Question:

I'm not totally convinced by all of the mercenary events I am getting. I think I rejected the first offer because I had no money. That came within the first few turns. The second I took a chance on and accepted and it was a good investment, getting someone called Iouannes Longus.

Now I have another event for the Catalan Company that cost me 10000, I knew it was a risk so I saved beforehand. I ended up getting a pretty underwhleming force for the cost.

Is there a list of the events and a guide to which ones are worth accepting? At this rate I'm not sure if by declining the first offer, I missed on on a good or historical character. I did also check the game files but it's pretty tough to find them.

Thanks!
    No, there is no list of events. However, the idea is that you pay the 10,000 or whatever the cost to prevent being attacked. The fact that you get some troops is a little bonus. It's also meant to be a gamble too. So knowing which one is worth paying for spoils that .

If you want the unique characters it is very simple, the text of the merc event mentions the name of the character. For the catalan company there is no mention of a character which means the event has no unique character.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Why can't I recruit croatian light 'Hussars' in Slovonia as the Habsburgs? I can recruit noble cavalry. I need a light cavalry.
    P'S on a similar note should not the Habsburgs be able to recruit the Knights of St.George?
    There is no such unit as croatian light hussars. You can go look in custom battles where you can see all of the units available in the mod.

The Banner of St George is only recruitable in Stuttgart by any HRE factions.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

My apologies it was the Laka Konijca lancers I was referring to

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Sadly AOR has not been properly implemented

Ah those were originally the Bosnian Light Lancers. It's a unit that is only available to Bosnia and Croatia (in 1345 campaign only).

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

I know the 1448 campaign is still relatively new, but is there any timeline on an updated 1345 campaign?

No, we haven't even started looking at it.

In which file can you find at what date became new units avaliable, like for example arqebusier, musketer,...?

Quote Originally Posted by peltast147 View Post
    In which file can you find at what date became new units avaliable, like for example arqebusier, musketer,...?

Example with Musketeers, go in export_descr_buildings, type "Musketeers", it says:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "recruit_pool "Musketeers" 1 0.112 2 0 requires factions { hungary, } and hidden_resource core_hungary and building_present_min_level hungary_settlement_policy hungary_core_region and event_counter MUSKET_INVENTED 1

Then, open the file below, and search MUSKET_INVENTED 1

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    event historic MUSKET_INVENTED
    date 62
    ; 1510

descr_events

\mods\Fall_of_Constantinople_1.5\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

Are there any Hussars for the Habsburgs? Pavle Bakic was Ferdinands Hussar commander in 1528 and fought at Mohac

Does only Bohemia get wagon forts or are they avaliable for other factions and if so how can they get them?

No, the Habsburgs don't get hussars from memory. But double check custom battle to make sure.

Yes, plenty of other factions such as Poland, Austria, Hungary, Moldova and the Ottomans get wagon forts. They should be in the top tier of the artillery building but i don't have the mod handy so not sure.

I am devasted, I think the Hussar/Gusars are my favourite unit

We can add them in the next version. Perhaps some sort of Hussar event would be in order. Like if Serbia or Hungary is destroyed then Austria gets hussars.

The fall of Belgrad and Smederevo would seem like a good occasion or perhaps if the Habsburgs have a frontier with the Ottomans?

I am afraid you got it wrong only Ottomans get wagon forts with royal arsenal. Bohemia gets wagon forts only as AOR mercenarie unit apparently in Bohemian regions. Other factions don't get them at all.

Hmm there must be some error. Several other factions mentioned should get them

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah neighbouring factions plus a few others can recruit them as mercs too

Would it be possible in the future or possibly to add myself more Cheval de frise for arquebusiers and skirmishers? I can't imagine a half capable commander getting to a battlefield and not doing anything to protect his infantry. With the possible exception of Merzifonlu Kara Mustafa Paşa, who for some reason only he knew turned to face the on coming Polish cavalry without putting up any defence of his camp and infantry.

Do you mean if you could add them yourself in the game files? Yeah for sure go ahead.

But the reason why we removed it for most units is because the players abused it and the AI doesn't know how to deal with it. You could kill whole cavalry armies with one unit with stakes.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Austria should get Croatian Curaissiers I believe. They represent those Croatian cavalary employed by Austria