Page 1 of 67 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions & Suggestions

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Questions & Suggestions

Please post only questions about Roma Surrectum in this thread, and suggestions you may have to make it better. Post bugs, issues or problems in the 'Bugs & Issues' thread.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Default Re: Questions & Suggestions

What sort of units will syracuse have, and what will be their strengths and weaknesses be?

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

Oh and will Rome have antesignani? Because I read somewhere that they were the replacement of the velites in republican legions or something.

Oh and if you don't, DO NOT PUT THEM IN
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

Would people please refrain from asking questions or posting suggestions yet, as it is not released. But out of politenesss, Xtopherus; Syracuse will be a lot more developed in later versions, we already have Syracusan Hoplites and Sicilian Hoplites for Version 2, and i have a few more ideas that i'll bring up with the rest of the team. & Tankbuster, not that i am aware of.

Once again, just so its clear, this thread is for after release (at least I assume that was dvk's intention). Take this in a good way, as it means dvk901 is close to release if he's posted this. And when it is released bear in mind what dvk posted, Questions & Suggestions only; not Bugs or Issues or anything else.
    Last edited by Tyr; January 29, 2007 at 12:52 PM.
    What do we mean by patriotism in the context of our times? I venture to suggest that what we mean is a sense of national responsibility ... a patriotism which is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

Um i installed everything according to the instructions but then i try to start the game and it says error its missing something. When I install it and it asks me if I want to replace txt. files i just pushed yes to all btw.

This is maybe not only a RTW:RS question, but can you guys tell me how to make screenshots?
    i heard about recording a battle , - (end of my knowledge)
    and i want to do strategic cards screenshots too.
    would be quite nice if you would tell me.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Jimexander the Mighty View Post
    Um i installed everything according to the instructions but then i try to start the game and it says error its missing something. When I install it and it asks me if I want to replace txt. files i just pushed yes to all btw.
    Did you run the 'new_UI.bat' that's in your 'RTW' folder. The game won't run without doing this.

Also, this belongs in bugs and issues. But what is it telling you you're missing?
    Please be specific.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I figured it out and just did a custom battle and im amazed! SO MANY LEGIONS

This is great! Thank YOU DVK!

Well just installed it myself. Seems pretty cool. Cudos for the awesome job. I chose Greek Cities (I can't help it. Greece RULE hehe) but i have one question... Em. Where is the city of Sparta? I mean i was so eager to check out Leonidas Guards but the whole city isn't there. Its like Total War: Area 51!!!

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoRevo View Post
    Well just installed it myself. Seems pretty cool. Cudos for the awesome job. I chose Greek Cities (I can't help it. Greece RULE hehe) but i have one question... Em. Where is the city of Sparta? I mean i was so eager to check out Leonidas Guards but the whole city isn't there. Its like Total War: Area 51!!!
    Depends on which map you're playing. Sounds like you are in the BIG map, in which case the Free People own Sparta. It's there on both maps.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

HI
    Love the game!!
    I feel the GCS swordsman should have one sword and a shield.
    I would in combat.

Are you going to work on the Germans? and Gauls?
    I can see more impovement if you can more animal and leather armour?
    also those two handed hammers ( iam not sure what to call them )

romans will they have some slave warrors also? Glads?

looking forward to meny improvements!
    If this was the end of it it would still be up there!

Its a mix of XGM ( Expanded Greek Modd Double Gold
    and EBs Romans Empire!!
    Excellant !!

Greetings brothers!
    This mod really tickled my mind the more i read from all these people.. as of now im playing a mod that I prefer not to name for I am very loyal to it... but b4 i really decide to delete my current mod so I can install Roma Surrectum i just have one question... DOES THIS MOD OFFER 4 turns per year? I hope it does coz I only play 4 tpy.. I really would like to have a taste of this tasty mod with all these superb "candy in the eye" new legion skins and new campaign map skin for towns... WELL DONE btw for this mod its a fine work of art

p.s. (edited question after 5 mins)

How and where is the file that could be decoded in RTW file so we can make rebels spawn more in different towns..? hope you could help coz ive been waiting for an answer for this for 2 years now *sigh*
    Last edited by Cowellini; February 01, 2007 at 05:27 PM.

swhunter: Many factions are going to be improved in future versions of the mod, including the ones you mentioned. As for slave units for the Romans, there probably will not be gladiator units (I assume thats what you meant by 'Glads').

cowellini:No 4 tpy.
    What do we mean by patriotism in the context of our times? I venture to suggest that what we mean is a sense of national responsibility ... a patriotism which is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by swhunter View Post
    HI
    Love the game!!
    I feel the GCS swordsman should have one sword and a shield.
    I would in combat.

Are you going to work on the Germans? and Gauls?
    I can see more impovement if you can more animal and leather armour?
    also those two handed hammers ( iam not sure what to call them )

romans will they have some slave warrors also? Glads?

looking forward to meny improvements!
    If this was the end of it it would still be up there!

Its a mix of XGM ( Expanded Greek Modd Double Gold
    and EBs Romans Empire!!
    Excellant !!
    See the recruitment thread for some shots of work in progress.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Hi Tone
    or DVK
    Great Modd!

Will there be AOR for the phol. (Egypt Faction )
    Reble Judians for that area? They were used at that time
    spearmen, slingers, swords

Also could you use the Gladaitors to fight aganist rome?
    Maybe for the rebles ? For a AOR

AoR for germans-- i think they are called maulit fighters.
    they carry a very large heavy wooden maulit

will there be more units for GCS?
    and others?

also will you have a unit card list to see what is comeing?
    thanks for all Very cool Game!!

Patrician

A lot of questions, I'll try to answer them all.

4tpy: No...and there won't be. This a 480yr mod, and if people continue to get the Marian Reforms too early, I will adjust and tamper with this mod until they don't. 4tpy results in the Marian Reforms coming way too early, and a lot of people, including me, don't like it. Sorry, I hope that doesn't discourage anyone from giving this a try, but I felt I should be honest with you.

AORs for units: this will be expanded and worked on as we get more input from you people, and there will be specific AORs for units. Which ones, I don't know. But the game limits you to 64 'hidden_resource' statements, so they aren't infinite.

Gladiators: Depending on demand, I guess, we might include a unit. But they were removed because they are far less important than the units we want to include, and less historical. With the exception of Spartacus, perhaps, gladiators didn't fight Rome. They didn't even fight FOR Rome.

Units for Greek factions: Yes, we're working on many more.

My Greek Swordsmen: MAN, NOBODY likes them! Well, they will more than likely be replaced with a BETTER Greek swordsman.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I think the Greek swordsmen are awesome... not very practical but awesome.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos32 View Post
    I think the Greek swordsmen are awesome... not very practical but awesome.
    Thank you. I like you! You're the first person ever said anything nice about them.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Are you kidding me their fast, strong, brave, and they look damn cool. Whats not to love other than the reach of their weapons in comparison to the phalanx armies around them(which is why you flank with them)?

Hi
    DVK I love this game!!! Skys skins and new factions a new game alltogether!!!

Can you answer my two questions?
    Sorry for giveing you a boat load!
    1. Haveing a few jewish units in Judia would be cool under egypt.
    2. Germans with those killer meat pounders made of wood ( they look like those maulets they use to put up the stacks in tents!
    Thanks for everything !!

Page 1 of 67 12345678910112651 ... LastLast