25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 84.00%
  • No

4 16.00%

Thread: New Units

dutch81's Avatar Senator

Default New Units

Lusted maybe you will consider adding this Mod to yours ... I think we all crave more units, and dismounted knights make a nice addition to these orders. Now if there were only more islamic and orthodox units as well!

Dismounted Knights Orders Mod for MTW2 vanilla v1.1
    by zhumin1978

I think it is already compatible with your mod for people that want to use it ... but I would love to see it directly incorporated by you.

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: New Units

Good idea but I think Lusted would have to be careful not to start introducing ahistorical units just because some folks wanted more in the game.

Have you tried Burrek's skins packs with LTC?

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    I'll repeat this point again so people understand:

Until new textures and the weather mod can be used in a mod switch folder instead of the main data folder there will be neither in LTC as i want my mod to only affect files in its folder, not in the main folder, so it is as easy as possible to install/uninstall.
    Lusted already stated his position in the other thread and it somehow makes sense since modability of units is still crude at this point of time however I wouldn't mind more units/bigger map myself ;-)
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

dutch81's Avatar Senator

No I have not ... have you? what do you think of them?

Back to this thread ... I don't see why this unit would be ahistorical it is the same unit in the game already dismounted. If CA had left the ability to dismount knight or any mounted unit for that matter prior to battle then this unit would not be needed ... but by taking this old feature out ... they had a excuse to make many more units ... without actually making more units. Zhumin1978 has done the same ... the fact for me is that I seem to fight mostly siege battles and mounted units are just about useless.

Jegui ... thanks for pointing that out ... I totally forgot he had said that, and I agree with Lusted on that point actually myself, I was just so excited to see some extra units, I am quickly becoming bored with seeing the same units in different colors. Variety is the spice of life!
    Last edited by dutch81; January 29, 2007 at 12:16 PM.

Ahistorical is a point, but not in this case. What do you think the knights sit on their horses in a castle assault and do nothing? The normal dismounted knights are also ahistorical. I have played life roleplaying. I can tell you itīs not funny to bear the load of the armour after 12 hours of walking and fighting. My armour wheigtet about 16 kg. The real knights carry 20 kg with them. CA should make units where you can choose to dismount or not, thatīs the real point. The game is for fun and if the guys want the units, where is the problem?

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

at least 1 more unique unit for every faction plus some kind of archer troop for all european countries. Islamic factions could need more units too.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Once again i'll outline my stance on new units:

As adding in new units requires editing files in the main data folder they will not be in LTC until the 1.2 patch which should fix the issue with the mod switch and some files not working with it according to what Calibans told me.

Until then, no new units in my mod.

Once 1.2 is out, i will be adding my own new units to the mod.

And please don't make polls about this, this is my mod, i will be adding the units i want to it.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

dutch81's Avatar Senator

Sorry about the poll ... go ahead and delete the thread if you like.