Thread: Custom Unit not Faction Exclusive

Icon5 Custom Unit not Faction Exclusive

Greetings, sorry if this question has been asked before, I'm still very new to modding, I apologize if these are stupid questions.

For context I've been trying making a minor mod to add a matchlock unit exclusive to Satomi clan (running expanded Japan Mod), using the official mod tool and MMS 1.3

However, I have ran into the issue that even after modifying the "units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions" table the other clan are still able to recruit the unit during campaign.

The things I have tried includes:

- setting Satomi to true in "units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions" table
    - tried having the custom unit under "japan" in "units_to_groupings_militray_permissions" table
    - also tried not having an entry in "units_to_groupings_militray_permissions" table for the new unit

The unit itself seems to work without any issues, pretty much all entries was copied over from the "imported matchlock" unit and then I edited the stats and building requirements from there.

If it helps trouble shooting, the unit doesn't seem to show up in custom battles either.

I thought this might be due to the new unit sharing an index with the old imported matchlocks, so I have also tried editing the index (didn't allow me to), and also just tried a new mod by editing the existing imported matchlock unit and tried to make it clan exclusive as above, but ran into the same issue.

The only thing that seems to work is to manually list all the other factions in the "units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions" table, and then set them to false.

However that does not cover all the factions in the game, as some (such as Chiba for example) are not selectable from those options.

(sorry for all the texts)

I'm just wondering if there is some other table I should check and modify on before the unit will be clan exclusive? Sorry if this was a stupid question, thanks in advance!

Default Re: Custom Unit not Faction Exclusive

Try to completely remove that unit from units_to_groupings_militray_permissions. For faction specific units you don't want that unit in that table at all. Once you removed that then put in units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions and enable it for the clan you want to recruit. This may fix your issue.

Default Re: Custom Unit not Faction Exclusive

Thanks for the reply, that's one of the things I have tried, it was removed from units_to_groupings_military_permission table. Unfortunately the problem remains.

I am trying to do this again with another unit to see if it could be just a imported matchlock specific problem, though that is also very unlikely.

Thanks for the feedback.