Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hidden resource

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Default Re: Hidden resource

Ok thanks again mate !

You can't use and not hidden_resource in building requirement lines, it doesn't work. Works fine in upgrade paths, just not in the main line.

It would be easier to give hre their own level of the building, rather than trying to break up one of them, especially since you haven't used all 9 levels.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

It does work if you use the trick I showed and linked to. Or, seemingly, if it's not the last condition on the line (as reported in the post above the linked-to post), so this might work too...

Code:
    church_cyric requires factions { venice, egypt, } or not hidden_resource xxx and factions { hre, }

Sorry, can you please double check your codes as none of the two solution works ...

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Did some testing. The second style didn't work...

Code:
    church_cyric requires factions { venice, egypt, } or not hidden_resource xxx and factions { hre, }
    The first did...

Code:
    church_cyric requires factions { venice, egypt, } or factions { hre, } and not hidden_resource xxx or event_counter dummy 1
    My test was this, in vanilla Kingdoms:

Code:
    farms  requires factions { spain, } or  factions { moors, } and not hidden_resource explorers_guild or event_counter dummy 1
    moors could only build in regions without the explorers_guild hidden resource. spain could build everywhere.

Show your code if it isn't working. And you did set up the hidden resource correctly, right? Is in the region, and at the top of EDB and deleted map.rwm.

As before, if this method doesn't work, just duplicate the levels for hre alone. You've got more than enough spare space in the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Did some testing. The second style didn't work...

Code:
    The first did...

Code:
    church_cyric requires factions { venice, egypt, } or factions { hre, } and not hidden_resource xxx or event_counter dummy 1
    My test was this, in vanilla Kingdoms:

Code:
    farms  requires factions { spain, } or  factions { moors, } and not hidden_resource explorers_guild or event_counter dummy 1
    moors could only build in regions without the explorers_guild hidden resource. spain could build everywhere.

Show your code if it isn't working. And you did set up the hidden resource correctly, right? Is in the region, and at the top of EDB and deleted map.rwm.
    Hum I dunno what I did but you are right, it works !!! Thanks a lot !

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    You've got more than enough spare space in the building.
    Are you sure of that ?

Thanks to you too Quintus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12