Thread: Need help on how to import faction from another campaign

Default Need help on how to import faction from another campaign

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section but I'm new here.

I would like to have Judea from Augustus campaign in my grand campaign and have Jerusalem as the capital. Normally it's occupied by Egypt which is the faction I want to play. How do you do this? I appreciate all the help.

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Default Re: Need help on how to import faction from another campaign

Go to Assembly Kit, startpos factions, find emp_judea and change main_emperor to main_rome. Then go to startpos regions, assign anything you want there and make sure to include a capital. Next go to form_launcher on the Assembly Kit, starting positions, go to main_rome, find rom_ptolemaics and delete any characters in Jerusalem. Go to emp_judea in main_rome and add one character, assign him to Jerusalem, make him a "general" and give him the "faction_leader" ministerial position. Process startpos afterwards.

Now this direct import is not really recommended as it will generate a lot of conflicts and it will most certainly break your Imperator Augustus campaign. A more elegant way of doing this, is by creating a new faction (or rather a copy of Judea) instead (using same emblem, culture, unit roster etc as the Judea from Imperator Augustus), adding it to startpos faction in the main_rome campaign and following the steps above.