Hi everyone, so I've found a way to get Reshade to work with RTW
    This allows the use of:
    • Depth of field
    • Ambient occlusion
    • Ray tracing
    • Bloom
    • HDR
    • AA

Any of the other fantastic Reshade shaders inclduing colour grading etc.

Some screenshots of it in action:
    Main effects being used here are Cinematic Depth of Field (blurs background), Ray tracing/Global illumination (Global illumination uses ray tacing to detect where shadows can be and really helps glue the picture together in terms of shadows and what your eye should be seeing), Blooming HDR (bloom and HDR), FXAA (better antialiasing), Motion blur

The key thing was to find out how RTW was using the depth buffer and get the correct settings on this. Also managed to get the UI Mask working, but will tweak this just a little bit more.

I'll upload the settings once I've done a little more tweaking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW-ALX 2021-04-07 07-48-59.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	272.5 KB 
ID:	364568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW-ALX 2021-04-07 07-48-41.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	304.1 KB 
ID:	364569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW-ALX 2021-04-07 07-46-17.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	297.0 KB 
ID:	364570

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Default Re: Reshade in RTW

Looks awesome Tone, thanks !

To apply this it'd be a file that we add to the RSIII folder or something, right ?

Is it just a coincidence that this has come out the same month that RTW remastered is releasing ? Has the remaster shown you a new way to do something or given you a better look at how the engine works ?

Thanks !

You mean like with the newest ReShade version? You got my curiosity.

@sharkeyyyy - Remastered got me thinking about RSIII, plus I had some time off last week to play for the first time in a while. I just got curious about how much further we could push the graphics on the old engine. Of course Remastered will have all this post-processing included in it and it sounds like they're going to make it editable....There may still be some benefits from using Reshade with Remastered.
    Yes, to apply this you'd download the Reshade installer and then I'll put together some settings in a zip file to apply this so you don't have to figure things out, including a UI mask.

@DarthBane - Yes, latest Reshade (version 4.9).

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Neat. Still some old tricks for the old girl.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

This'll tide me over until someone figures out how to port RS to remastered (and hey, I'll be able to finally play RS3!)
    Alii inferre bellum, facientibus pacem.