Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum Remastered?

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Roma Surrectum Remastered?

I haven't posted here in a long, long time however I wanted to say that this is great news. RS remains one of my favorite mods and the potential that it comes to the new Remaster is just fantastic.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

neep's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Just to confirm that a number of the RS team are actively collaborating with the RTR team to look at modding the new engine
    Ooh, nice. I'm excited to see how the base Remaster plays - but even more excited if we get a mod that approaches the lofty excellence that is RS III
    I'd buy that for a dollar

Looking forward to the Rome Remaster and hopefully great mods! I played a lot of Roma Surrectum in past years. A new Roma Surrectum for Remaster would be epic . Hopefully we see custom battlefield types for settlements in Remaster aswell, this makes sieges so much more interesting and is my favorite feature of Roma Surrectum.
    Last edited by Medieval Knight; April 18, 2021 at 10:45 AM.

A voice from the past...

I might indeed be up for more play/battle-testing after all the 100's of hours last time. A little gentle script modding on the side.... ?

And a friendly wave to dear dvk' & tone.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Pinged you a message to join the Discord channel

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Cool stuff!

At work getting units into Remastered. Joining forces with RTR to deliver a new mod or series of mods just as soon as we can.
    Check the preview below.
    This is simply a port of one of the Roman legions and first release will be simply porting existing units along with some other changes.
    We will then look to learn how to mod the new engine more effectively and make use of the new unit models and ethnicity capabilities.
    Check out the screenshot below and click on the Steam Community workshop link: Steam Community :: RTR: Imperium Surrectum - Teaser :: Discussions

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Amazing looking forward to this. Thanks to the team for the hard work over the years!

At work getting units into Remastered. Joining forces with RTR to deliver a new mod or series of mods just as soon as we can.
    Check the preview below.
    This is simply a port of one of the Roman legions and first release will be simply porting existing units along with some other changes.
    We will then look to learn how to mod the new engine more effectively and make use of the new unit models and ethnicity capabilities.
    Check out the screenshot below and click on the Steam Community workshop link: Steam Community :: RTR: Imperium Surrectum - Teaser :: Discussions

Been out of the modding game for a while... But got a shedload more books now. The doctor life keeps me busy, but I would be honoured to help in any capacity. Unfortunately I don't have Discord and have no idea how it even works. Will there be an old-school style forum on here?
    (Much love and respect to Tone, DVK, and all the others who helped build that magnificent edifice).
    Last edited by rory o'kane; April 29, 2021 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Intended quote missing
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

Discord is really easy even for older people like me. I'll send an invite

My oh my .. I hadn't realised how many years I hadn't logged into the TWC forums. I was shocked by the "Remaster" and even more by how fast the RS/RTR teams have got things off the ground - Kudos to Tone/DVK/RS-RTR teams on the RTR:IS v1.0 beta looking good already.

Not sure how much time I have (a couple of exam's to sit in the next 2 months) but would be glad to help once they're out of the way .. happy to test for bugs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rory o'kane View Post
    Been out of the modding game for a while... But got a shedload more books now. The doctor life keeps me busy, but I would be honoured to help in any capacity. Unfortunately I don't have Discord and have no idea how it even works. Will there be an old-school style forum on here?
    (Much love and respect to Tone, DVK, and all the others who helped build that magnificent edifice).
    Great to hear from you again, rory and sithlord. If you're interested in helping out come and check out the discord channel here: https://discord.gg/H6k9w3ca

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

What wonderful news, so looking forward to all of this!

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Great to see so many familiar names popping up again. Thanks so much to DVK and tone and everyone else for what you achieved with RS, it remains one of my favourite gaming experiences to this day. Very excited by this news and I wish you the best of luck. I'm not much of a modder, but if I can help in any capacity, feel free to DM. I hope life is treating you all well.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Yopp !!! Me too, i come back
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

So we're working hard with the RTR team to bring a campaign to you soon with some direct porting over of RS2 models and textures.
    The first version should include named and numbered legions, city hoplites and some other favourites.
    More to follow.
    Combining forces as two mods has been a really good move in terms of development capacity and we continue to look for new people interested in supporting the mod.

I hope you will be able to import the magnificent environments of RS3 with all the additions of trees, shrubs, various vegetation which, for me, have made the graphic richness of your mod
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Don't forget the new cities! I assume those will require some work though.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

neep's Avatar Tiro

Started playing with the vanilla release - the graphics upgrades for the environment is really nice (buildings, trees, people, etc.)
    Could make it easier for the team to focus on other areas to super charge the rest of the components.

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Just to confirm that a number of the RS team are actively collaborating with the RTR team to look at modding the new engine
    Now that is great news, Tone.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast