Thread: Persian Invasion

Internazionale's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon1 Persian Invasion

Hey everybody!!! I am trying to mod and experiment with my rtw xgm game. Now i am wondering how to spawn 8-10 Parthian (Persian) stacks just west Byzantium.
    How do i spawn units so that the persian invasion occur? Remember, this army is suppose to be huuuuuge, maybe 10.000 of them.... And is it possible to spawn multiple stacks at same positions?

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Re: Persian Invasion

Not so sure about that, but if you script to "move character" to those coordinates needed, then you can create units to his stack, effectivly creating an invasion force.

Best way to do this is to have the invasion early in the campaign, when a new family member is born to the persian faction (you can set the age of the children in descr_strat) it will take certain amount of turns for his age to come. When that happens (you have to time it perfectly), you must move the character to the coordinates and create the units.
    That's just one way to do it, although you can try it on any family members who are alive from the beginning of the campaign.
    Last edited by RedFox; January 27, 2007 at 04:06 PM.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Take a look at one of the civil war scripts in data/scripts/show_me. You need to use the spawn_army command to spawn generals at the location you want, and then use the create_unit command to spawn units onto the generals. You can stack them up on top of each other, just make sure that all the generals have different names so that the game knows where to spawn the units.

There is one significant problem with your plan however. I found that when you spawn armies outside of their own territory they typically just start marching toward home, rather than attacking the nearest enemies. Spawning your invasion force would be pretty easy, but getting it to carry out an effective invasion would require a much more complicated background script.

Thank you very much for answering RedFox and DBH, but if I do so, the parthians would still have a huge army, don't they?
    Maybe they hopefully try to invade greece?

EDIT: By the way, isnt there a file where the common general names is? Can any of you create a script that i can use for this purpose? When i create armies with create_unit, does it turn Persian when i spawn the army at the general? DBH, can i use the console for spawn_army? Sorry if i am asking too many questions
    Last edited by Internazionale; January 27, 2007 at 04:27 PM.

Set diplomacy to be at war with the greeks, I have no idea if there is a way to make the faction extremely aggressive against the target faction or not, but something similar should be attempted (again a load of guesswork, because I haven't really looked into scripting that much).

Where can i set that diplomacy?

There was a line in the XGM campaign script that made alliance between Rome and Gaul, you should check that.