Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So...what will it be?

Default So...what will it be?

After all the bugs and minor things you guys need to fix, Is there any possible date for the release?:hmmm:

Default Re: So...what will it be?

another guy,jus like me,who cant wait

Taurmin's Avatar Foederatus

Been droping by here once an hour or so all day hoping for a release anouncement . Hope its gunna be soon.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

We're working as fast as we can.....but you have to understand that the 'bugs' aren't things that are broken. They're thnigs we don't like, or things that shouldn't be the way they are. In order to make sure we still have a mod that doesn't CTD, we have to be careful. I won't say it never will, but my GOAL is never.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Dare to make an estimate? Ill just go ahead and sleep untill then .

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    We're working as fast as we can.....but you have to understand that the 'bugs' aren't things that are broken. They're thnigs we don't like, or things that shouldn't be the way they are. In order to make sure we still have a mod that doesn't CTD, we have to be careful. I won't say it never will, but my GOAL is never.

You know I don't mind a few bugs you can send it to me now .

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos32 View Post
    You know I don't mind a few bugs you can send it to me now .

Yeah, what he said.

omg guys just WAIT

I was just joking around I can be patient, if the creators want to make it as close to perfect as they can get it thats fine by me.

As long as they dont try to make it perfect cus then itll just keep teetering on the brink of release forever.

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Taurmin View Post
    As long as they dont try to make it perfect cus then itll just keep teetering on the brink of release forever.
    That's a good point right there
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

I'm looking forward to this mod. Better to go ahead and release it sooner rather than later - the community will soon find any remaining bugs or balancing issues. I remember the RTR team delayed the release of version 6 in an attempt to make it 'perfect' and 'bug free' - but naturally that was always an impossibility and it still required several updates in the months that followed.

Yes please DVK please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please release it now! I just cant wait any longer!
    Last edited by Jimexander the Mighty; January 28, 2007 at 11:51 AM. Reason: I put in more pleases

Must... Command... Legions!

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Jimexander the Mighty View Post
    Yes please DVK please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please release it now! I just cant wait any longer!
    no DVK, release it on wednesday
    No computer for me till wednesday, so if I don't get it tonight or tomorrow, NOBODY WILL
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbuster View Post
    No computer for me till wednesday, so if I don't get it tonight or tomorrow, NOBODY WILL
    Oh man you are pure evil.

OK, one of the reasons it's been delayed is that we were trying out a completely new EDU (the file that describes units attack and defence stats for battles) - my fault really - as I love a challenge. We trying with very SPQR-like stats but it hasn't really worked out so DVK is reverting to a tweaked original version....tweaked to give units more defence, so battles last longer.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    OK, one of the reasons it's been delayed is that we were trying out a completely new EDU (the file that describes units attack and defence stats for battles) - my fault really - as I love a challenge. We trying with very SPQR-like stats but it hasn't really worked out so DVK is reverting to a tweaked original version....tweaked to give units more defence, so battles last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbuster View Post

________________________________________________________________________________________
    If I have to wait one more day ill cry
    Last edited by Jimexander the Mighty; January 28, 2007 at 02:27 PM.

This is a little harsh but i will do it anyway:

Roma Surrectum is one of the most fun mods I have ever played on - and you guys are missing out loads by not being able to play on it (to behonest i cant play on it atm due to the fact i uninstalled all the TW stuff on my comp but i have played it for ages anyway.

I am going to the US on tuesday so incase it isnt released by then I wish Dvk the best of luck with the release.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

what does it supposed to mean Narses? You are a beta tester and you saying that if it's not released until tuesday what is going to happen? I have been waiting for this RS every 20 minutes maybe more frequently for the last 20 hours and you tell me that something is going on to delay it? I was sure that the mod would be out 4 weeks ago but only see this "delay"s and whatever. Why can't the guys just release it and we play in the first place. Fix whatever the hell out there later or release patches. If RS was released 3 weeks ago we would have fixed most of the bugs and would be far ahead of the current situation. Maybe I am just being impatient and saying non-sense but what if I am right?? PLease release it now, or at least give us recent progress. I love you all the guys involved in this mod but I can't wait any longer than this.
    Last edited by nemesis; January 28, 2007 at 03:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast